Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
We are looking for a Per Diem Fireman Class II to join our Engineering & Facilities team at Baystate Franklin Medical Center!
Resume required with application
Massachusetts Fireman Class II License Required
- Per Diem
- Greenfield, MA
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the direction of the Boiler Plant Supervisor performs a variety of duties in the operation, general maintenance, preventive maintenance, minor repair, and record keeping of high- and low-pressure boilers, air conditioning systems, chillers, air handling system, and hot water systems. After hours staff is required to respond to emergency calls including calling for outside support from the Engineering Staff. When time permits, the Boiler Room Firemen are responsible for the repairs of stretchers and wheelchairs, making of Hospital signs, and assembly of equipment.
Adheres to system and department compliance policies, and any and all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates and models principals of service excellence in support of the patient experience and SPIRIT program.
1) Operates power plant (boilers). Assures that the boilers and related equipment are operating properly and efficiently throughout the shift. Checks/records appropriate equipment related information, maintain logbook, and maintains appropriate steam pressures. Is able to change the boilers from using oil to Natural Gas and back.
2) Oversees the operation of the Chillers including startup and shutdown. Assures that the Chillers and related equipment are operating properly and efficiently. Checks and accurately records appropriate related information. Cleans Chiller tubes.
3) Safely and efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot and repair power plant related equipment. Maintains boilers and chillers in good repair.
4) Cleans and inspects power plant equipment. Maintains work area and equipment in safe, neat and orderly condition at all times.
5) Works with supervisor in planning repair work and equipment inspections. Plans equipment inspections based on expiration of inspection certificates and work schedules. Keeps supervisor apprised of the work that needs to be accomplished.
6) Maintain the water treatment of the boilers, chillers and closed-system water to protect the equipment from corrosion and scale build-up. Secures water samples for testing, adds appropriate chemicals based on test results, maintains supply of water treatment chemicals, records and maintains accurate Logbook of chemical treatment.
7) Be able to perform the duties of the Maintenance Man III. Performs other duties as assigned.
8) Uses Lockout and Tagout procedures when working on any type of equipment.
9) Keeps superiors informed of all problems and issues.
Required Work Experience:
1) 1 – 3 Years in a Power/Boiler Plant
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basic Computer and Math skills
2) Ability to work with minimum to no supervision
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.