Finance Other - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Finance Other
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for assisting patients who are financially qualified to receive medical insurance and/or payment plans.
1) Work daily admissions by notifying the insurance by either fax or phone
2) Answer phone calls, in regards to insurance and any other inquiries the customer may have
3) Assist patient by helping them do applications online or by paper with patients in hospital or office setting
4) Follow up on Mass Health applications and request additional information if needed
5) Work daily report that consists of all self pay patients from the day before by either calling or sending a letter to the patient
6) Process approved or denied applications by adding approved insurance onto accounts, and updating self pay accounts
7) Track all applications on an Excel sheet
8) Research mail returns from contact letter, resend, call, or remove bad address
9) Work Health Safety Net and Medicaid pending report monthly
10) Call and/or mail letters in response to emails from internal customers for patients who have lost coverage and now are considered self pay
11) Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
12) Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed
13) Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement (LEAN) in daily operations
14) Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
Required Work Experience:
1) One year in a medical processing environment
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel, internet access and ability to learn a medical management billing system
2) Organized and able to prioritize work to meet strict deadlines
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Application Councilor – Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.