Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Manager of Paint, Facilities Maintenance, and Life Safety, performs a variety of duties that encompass the renovation/upkeep of priority #1 the patient room and support equipment, priority #2 family gathering spaces, nurse stations and support areas. Proficient at completing assigned tasks on time and within budget. Repair and maintain mechanical equipment, and building infrastructure such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems. Build partitions, make plaster or dry wall repairs, fix windows, doors, floors, woodwork, and other parts of building structures. Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in all construction phases/processes that facilitate harmonious working relationships during and after the project and respond promptly to and resolve all problems and conflicts as they occur.
1) Work on the Room A Day (RAD) maintenance team. Assist with installation, repair or modification of new and existing infrastructure systems and related patient support equipment. Perform preventative maintenance, inspections, test and repair of plumbing fixtures such as sinks, bowls, showers, medical gas supply valves along with heating, air conditioning and filter replacement. Non Licensed work only.
2) Possesses and utilizes electrical/mechanical skills and experience to perform preventative maintenance, diagnose problems, determine the best way to correct them, repair complex medical support equipment in support of patient rooms such as beds, stretchers, nurse call stations, video television, etc.
3) Perform a variety of carpentry duties necessary to maintain the cosmetic and functionality of the patient room. Knowledge of construction techniques, remolding practices, repair, installation and finishing practices for a variety of doors/hardware, partitions, ceiling systems, moldings and sashes, cabinets, furniture along with wall and floor tile installation and repair.
4) Works with multiple trades in a collaborative highly efficient environment.
5) Project management skills are necessary for this position such as maintaining and adhering to project timelines, budgets and in-house safety and infectious disease control requirements.
6) Basic computer skills, such as how to log on to central computer systems, navigation and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, etc. Proficient in all aspects of electronic mail.
7) Must be self motivated, possess excellent time management skills, capable of working with little or no direction, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and committed to maintaining a safe work environment.
8) Maintain work areas and equipment in a safe, neat and orderly condition.
9) Ability to make major repairs that include painting, drywall, floor repair, lighting and other general maintenance. Must be highly skilled in at least 2 different trades.
10) Familiar with the equipment repair process including bed maintenance, nurse call systems, furniture and medical gas systems.
11) Advanced knowledge of safety requirements and willingness to learn interim life safety measures and and infection control procedures
12) Knowledge of and familiarity with hand tools, power tools, and equipment associated with maintenance trades
13) Ability to work various shifts, as well as some holidays and weekends, ability to stand for long periods of time, and the ability to work in a team oriented environment
14) Ability to follow directions and work independently or work as part of a team and the ability to work well and cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds
15) Ability to solve problems, ask questions, and think through solutions related to building maintenance and repair
16) Hands-on experience in multiple building trades
17) Perform daily monitoring, repair and preventative maintenance activities on critical systems and facility equipment
18) Report all possible building deficiencies, safety issues and maintenance schedules to the Supervisor.
19) Ensure the daily facilities check list is completed
Required Work Experience:
1) 5 years experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basis computer skills
2) Ability to read, write and speak English
3) Basic math skills
4) Ability to work with minimum supervision Ability to adhere to infection control and interim life safety procedures
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Driver License – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.