Executive Assistant - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Executive Assistant
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position entails executive assistant, administrative and project management duties such as composing and typing complex correspondence, relaying confidential and urgent information, gathering and interpreting information to develop complex reports, maintaining departmental files, databases/mailing lists, and assisting in processing payments/reimbursements.
Develops content, assembles and distributes outgoing correspondence and prepares appropriate responses to routine inquiries. Maintains the Director of Patient Care Services BHER and Quality Manager calendars, opens and sorts mail and schedules/confirms meeting and travel arrangements, and processes expense and time reports. Recommends changes in office procedures to improve efficiency, productivity, and/or cost effectiveness. This position uses discretion and judgment when screening visitors and triaging telephone/sales calls, relaying confidential information, planning and organizing work load to ensure that all the established priorities are met within the established budget and time frame.
Responsible for project management, including coordination of people and resources for timely and successful completion of assignments, research, data compilation, and problem resolution. Assists the Director of Patient Care Svcs, and Quality Manager in writing, reviewing and proofreading publications, reports and correspondence from key stakeholders. Assists in the development of the department’s annual work plan schedule/goals and updates, staff meeting agendas, and project and communications implementation plans.
Requires excellent organizational, interpersonal, communications/writing, project management, and customer service skills in serving multiple demands from internal clients, senior management, and community members. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and bring closure to projects and assignments, plan ahead, and initiate activities critical to the department and organization. Must also demonstrate creativity, flexibility at a moment’s notice to change and respond effectively given the demands of the day, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be detail, goal and process-oriented. Must relate cooperatively and effectively with co-workers and colleagues; builds alliances and trust within the work unit and organization. Maintains professional image, integrity and confidentiality of patient and organizational proprietary information to ensure a positive image and foster a positive work environment.
This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Routinely assists other administrative support staff within the division and staff within the department if time and priorities permit. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Assists Director of Patient Care Services BHER and Quality Manager with organization and preparation of meeting materials including preparation of meeting agendas.
2) Composes and types complex correspondence, memos and forms, in accordance with verbal/written instructions and established department format. Proofs and edits final draft materials for accuracy, consistency, and clarity within defined time frames.
3) Acts as a liaison with other hospital and system departments and committees on behalf of or as assigned by the Patient Care Services BHER and Quality Manager. Maintains collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the achievement of goals and foster a positive work environment.
4) Functions with flexibility and willingness to meet the business needs of the Division(s).
5) Recommends changes in office procedures to improve efficiency, productivity and or cost effectiveness on an ongoing basis as evidenced by department efficiency and cost savings.
6) Assists on special projects as assigned by the Patient Care Services BHER and Quality Manager.
7) Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls and responds to general inquiries or routes to appropriate personnel.
8) Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls and responds to general inquiries or routes to appropriate personnel.
9) Provides administrative support to the nurse managers and assistant nurse managers who report to the Director of Patient Care Services BHER.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5+ years working in office assistance and administration in a large organization.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Knowledge of departmental database software, including expert experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
2) Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
3) Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4) Excellent project management skills.
5) Ability to function independently and exercise good judgment.
6) Ability to multitask including to prioritize and reprioritize quickly and accurately.
7) Ability to work in team settings and create effective partnerships.
8) Highly proficient in relevant office automation, including computer skills and programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Kronos), office equipment, effective telephone, voice mail, facsimile and e-mail communications.
9) Adheres to strict standards of confidentiality In accordance with BHS administrative policy.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science, GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.