Executive Assistant - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Executive Assistant
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) at Baystate Health.
The new hire will be responsible for all administration related to the activities of and scheduling (internal and external) for the Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs (OFA). The Executive Assistant will also perform varied and extensive administrative and secretarial duties such as composing and typing complex correspondence, relaying confidential information, gathering and interpreting information to develop complex reports, maintaining OFA files, and assisting in monitoring departmental budgets. Additionally, the Executive Assistant will provide administrative support for programming sponsored by the OFA.
- Uses discretion and judgment when screening visitors and telephone calls, relaying confidential information, planning and organizing workload, and may direct the work of clerical support personnel to ensure established priorities are met. Represents the OFA in the resolution of problems, the exchange of information, and the interpretation of departmental policy and procedures.
- Maintains professional integrity to ensure a positive organizational image as well as to foster a team environment. Recommends changes in office procedures to improve efficiency, productivity and/or cost effectiveness. The highest level of confidentiality is expected.
- Prepares complex administrative reports, presentations, statements, rosters, etc. Performs data and/or information gathering, develops spreadsheets, graphs, drafts, etc. and prepares special reports and analyses for review by supervisor and others. Interacts frequently with a wide variety of personnel including senior executives, medical school faculty, medical staff and/or external medical leaders in a professional and efficient manner to obtain or relay information, arrange meetings, gather data, etc.
- Receives, screens, and processes incoming correspondence, reports, memos, etc.
- Answers inquiries concerning OFA activities, operations, policies and procedures.
- Schedules meetings, web-based and live conferences, interviews, and appointments completes travel arrangements and maintains business calendars for Associate Dean and others.
- Develops, maintains, and revises record-keeping and filing systems, and classifies, sorts and files correspondence, articles, records and other documents.
- Assists in preparing and monitoring OFA budget, keeps account records, and reports variances as appropriate. Accepts receipts and invoices for expenditures and manages OFA reimbursements. Maintains inventory of office supplies, participates in evaluating and recommending purchase of office equipment, and monitors equipment service contracts.
- Department "go-to" for technology issues; involved in evaluation/implementation of department systems (e.g. contract management), onboard new employees regarding systems, both departmental and system, e.g.,Kronos, Lawson.
- Administrative and project management duties such as composing and typing complex correspondence, relaying and managing confidential and urgent inquiries and information, gathering and interpreting information to develop reports, maintaining departmental files, and legal databases/systems. Involved in ad hoc projects.
- Coordinates projects, programs, including planning OFA events, and resources for timely and successful delivery; conducts research, compiles data, and resolves problems. Assists in writing, reviewing and proofreading correspondence, preparing reports and presentations.
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Brief Cover Letter and Resume Required
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
Skills and Competencies:
- Detail orientation and very strong organizational skills
- Writing proficiency
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel expertise
- Power Point proficiency
- WebEx and/or Zoom proficiency
- Strong project management skills
- College Degree Preferred
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.