Executive Assistant - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Executive Assistant
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Performs varied and extensive administrative and secretarial duties such as composing and typing complex correspondence, relaying confidential information, gathering and interpreting information to develop complex reports, maintaining departmental files, and assisting in monitoring departmental budgets. Uses discretion and judgment when screening visitors and telephone calls, relaying confidential information, planning and organizing work load, and may direct the work of clerical support personnel to ensure established priorities are met. Represents the department in the resolution of problems, the exchange of information, and the interpretation of departmental policy and procedures.
Maintains professional integrity to ensure a positive company image as well as to foster a team environment. Recommends changes in office procedures to improve efficiency, productivity and/or cost effectiveness. The highest level of confidentiality is expected.
1) Prepares complex administrative reports, presentations, statements, rosters, etc. Performs difficult data and/or information gathering, develops complex spreadsheets, graphs, drafts, etc. and prepares special reports and analyses for review by supervisor and others. Requires expertise in applicable departmental software and systems, such as contract management systems. Provides administrative support to those in the Law Department. Maintains confidentiality.
2) Serves as primary point of contact for matters pertaining to Law Department. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls and responds to general inquiries or routes to appropriate personnel.
3) Interacts frequently with a wide variety of personnel including executives, medical staff and/or outsiders in a professional and efficient manner to obtain or relay information, arrange meetings, gather data, etc.
4) Receives, screens, and processes incoming correspondence, reports, memos, etc.
5) Answers inquiries concerning departmental activities, operations, policies and procedures.
6) Schedules meetings, conferences, interviews, and appointments, completes travel arrangements and maintains business calendars for supervisor and others.
7) Develops, maintains, and revises record-keeping and filing systems, and classifies, sorts and files correspondence, articles, records and other documents.
8) Assists in monitoring department budgets and accounts and reports variances as appropriate. Accepts receipts and invoices for non-routine expenditures. Maintains inventory of office supplies, participates in evaluating and recommending purchase of office equipment, and monitors equipment service contracts.
9) Recommends changes in office procedures to improve efficiency, productivity, and/or cost effectiveness
10) Department "go-to" for technology issues; involved in evaluation/implementation of department systems (e.g. contract management), onboard new employees regarding systems, both departmental and system, e.g.,Kronos, ePerformance, eWorkplace.
11) Administrative and project management duties such as composing and typing complex correspondence, relaying and managing confidential and urgent inquiries and information, gathering and interpreting information to develop reports, maintaining departmental files, and legal databases/systems. Involved in ad hoc projects.
12) Coordinates projects, including coordination resources for timely and successful completion of assignments; conducts research, compiles date, and resolves problems. Assists in writing, reviewing and proofreading correspondence, preparing reports and presentations. Assists in the development of the department's annual work/project plans, schedules, goals, staff meeting agendas.
13) Gathers benchmark data for legal surveys and completes and submits surveys, receives survey results and assists in interpetation.
14) Works with paralegal on contract management, maintains department databases electronically file documents in Meditract and in department electronic files.
15) Coordinates web site design for department, maintains site keeping it up to date with relevant information.
16) Provides backup to administrative assistance to Executive Assistant to SVP/CAO. Coordinates events/projects for both legal and office of CAO, as directed.
17) May act as a lead for other administrative personnel.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 5 years of relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
1) Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point expertise and proficiency is required
2) Access knowledge / experience is highly desired
3) Experience with departmenal terminology and software is preferred
4) Strong project management skills are required
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.