Facilities; Environmental Services - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities; Environmental Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Environment, Health and Safety Professional is a member of the Safety & Environmental Affairs Department and provides environmental management and safety services for Safety program at Baystate Medical Center and our Community Hospitals
Specific areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to, construction safety, laboratory safety, chemical hygiene, emergency response activities, industrial hygiene, accident investigation, safety education, and environmental management.
Environmental Health & Safety Professional will be the point of contact for safety issues within the department/division and will work with Safety & Environmental Affairs to affect exposure monitoring, conduct audits, provide education etc. Will be expected to participate in all relevant educational opportunities, safety on-call rotation, S&EA staff meetings, and if needed, provide the safety briefing at New Employee Orientation.
- Coordinate environmental issues including but not limited to the waste management program, including shipments, storage inspections, annual hazardous waste generator reports; Tier II forms; air/wastewater/recycling permits and compliance documentation
- Participate in accident investigations, life safety/hazard surveillance, construction safety and design review, personal protective equipment assessments.
- Assist the Safety Director and Chairman of the BMC Emergency Management Committee by coordinating the emergency response activities
- As requested, perform lab safety activities
- Serve as member of the Baystate Medical Center Safety Committee and other related committees as needed.
- Research new equipment, training materials and facility upgrades as requested.
- Function in a consulting role representing the Safety & Health SME and point of contact for Baystate community hospitals while working closely with our community hospital leaders in Engineering, Infection Control, Nursing etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- Minimum of five 5 experience in environmental management and safety
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in health care, academic campus, or diverse organization with multiple facilities
- Certification in CHMM, SCP QEP CIH strongly preferred or must be willing to obtain
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to develop strategies to meet the compliance objectives through education, skills development, and program implementation
- Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- This position requires travel and on -site presence at our three community hospitals located in Westfield, Palmer, and Greenfield
- Flexible schedule to include occasional work form home
- Incumbent is expected to provide on-call services to the corporation on a monthly rotating basis with other professionals in the department.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Environmental Science (Required)
Driver License – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.