Medical Practice Other - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Medical Practice Other
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
EMS Clinical Business Manager
The EMS Clinical Business Manager is dedicated to working at the strategic interface with prehospital clinical and business partners across the Health System with the purpose of business-I&T development, solution discovery, project management, service management, risk management, and relationship management.
Serve as the strategic interface between clinical and business teams across the Health System. This position functions as a strategic consultant "trusted advisor" to all levels of personnel.
Responsible for designing systems and processes to improve overall clinical and business strategies. Responsibilities include: documenting functional and technical requirements, mapping process/workflows, documenting plans, conducting system testing and analysis, identifying opportunities for improvement, opportunity resolution, monitor industry trends, and develop and administer training..
This position supports operational excellence and improves patient outcomes through expertise in clinical practice, processes, and technologies.
Responsible for providing leadership and direction in the planning and administration of projects which impact all clinical and business departments. The role assists all members of the healthcare team to manage all aspects of project planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance, integration, training, communication, and evaluation of mobile care (EMS, EMT, Paramedic, Nursing, Advanced Practice Providers, Law Enforcement, Fire Department, all air and ground transportation including Critical Care Transport) resources.
Oversees the activities of the EMS Coordinators through collaboration with Chief of the Division of Prehospital & Disaster Medicine, and Emergency Services Service Line Manager.
Relationship, contract, and business manager for Baystate Health EMS (ground, air, CCT, etc.) vendor partners
Provide process improvement consultation and training for in and out of hospital staff including first responders, EMTs, paramedics, nurses, APPs, and physicians.
Works with service line and senior leaders including the Chief, Division of Prehospital and Disaster Medicine and Program Director of Emergency Services to define mobile care and EMS related opportunities and implement the ideal solutions to improve patient care throughout western Massachusetts
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree or enrolled in Healthcare Administration, EMS, Business, Public Policy, Administration or similar preferred
- 7 years progressive clinical experience in complex acute care hospital, EMS, and ambulatory settings required. Experience in progressive EMS AND acute care hospital systems.
- Experience in EMS and acute care information systems preferred;
- Experience in progressive EMS AND acute care hospital systems.
- Additionally, five (5) years of clinical provider and educator experience at the advanced life support or comparable level with positive reviews from colleagues
- Self-directed, takes initiative, innovative, responsible.
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor at all times
- Works well in a fast paced/multitasking environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization contributing to a work environment of caring and cooperation among a culturally diverse workforce and patient population.
- Customer service orientation, collaborative; team player; presentation and relationship-building skills, leads colleagues, successful change agent; negotiation and conflict management; works through issues in a professional manner
- Understands EMS and hospital business operations, policies and procedures and clinical/ancillary workflow processes and applies knowledge of clinical practice trends in mobile care business service areas.
- Ability to assess, map and analyze real-life clinical and business practices to utilize optimal vendors, partners, or internal resources. Project design and implementation, prioritize, organize, assess and relocate issues and respond quickly to operational and strategic needs; skills to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts; strong communication and follow-up skills.
- BLS, ACLS
- MA Drivers License
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
- Excellent Compensation
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement
- 403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
- Life insurance
- Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to: gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
Our compensation philosophy:
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Paramedicine (Required), Master of Business Admin: Emergency Management
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Basic Life Support – Other, Driver License – Other, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Paramedic – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.