Patient Care Technicians - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Patient Care Technicians
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
What You Will Do:
- Daily activities are coordinated by the RN.
- Performs a variety of technical tasks and bedside functions. Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care, mobility, transfers and monitoring.
- Multi-skilled to needs of unit in performing duties relative to all phlebotomy, technical skills, assisting in procedures and EKGs.
- Expected to manage equipment in conjunction with unit leadership and perform or assist in all procedures on unit as an integral team member.
- Responsible for knowledge of set up and assists in laceration repair, simple procedures and patient prep for exams.
- Maintains room stocking in the department.
- Responsible for maintaining the lab area and all associated competencies for POC testing, phlebotomy and upholding regulatory requirements to maintain POC testing ability.
- Possesses knowledge in upholding department goals of patient care by maximizing throughput and expediting care in this emergency department setting.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years of direct patient care experience required; EMT, ED/Urgent care experience or relative experience through the military medical units (Medic/Coreman training)
- Would consider primary care experience as well preferred
- CPR required- Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association only
- Phlebotomy certification preferred
- Phlebotomy experience highly preferred
- Medical Assistant preferred
- EMT-B preferred
What you need to know:
- Unit: Emergency Services- Springfield, MA
- Recruiting for all shifts (Days, Nights, and Evenings)
- Recruiting for Part-time and full-time opportunities
- Every other weekend and holiday commitment required
Please upload a resume if you would like to be considered for ED Technician Opportunities. The Internal recruiter will be in touch with you to discuss future opportunities!
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Medical Assistant – Other, Certified Phlebotomy Technician – Other, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Paramedic – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.