Social Worker - Baystate Health
Category(s): Behavioral Health, Social Worker
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are looking for a Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor to join our ED Crisis Team!
Resume required with application
- Full-time and Part-time hours available; weekend and holiday rotation
- Various Shifts
- Masters in Social Work or Doctorate in Psycholoy
- Active LICSW, LMHC, PsyD or PhD
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in crisis, ED or clinical setting
Baystate Medical Center is a 716-bed independent academic medical center and a teaching site of the UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate. Includes Baystate Children’s Hospital, the Wesson Women and Infants’ Unit, the region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center, and more.
As the community’s major referral hospital, we provide a wide range of services now for more than 140 years to include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, behavioral health, therapy and more.
- More than 700 physicians on active and courtesy staff across our health system
- More than 197,000 Emergency Department and Urgent Care visits annually at Baystate Health
- More than 4,000 babies delivered each year across Baystate Health hospitals
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Melanie Bischoff, Healthcare Recruiter
Reports to and works collaboratively under the direction and leadership of the psychiatric emergency services team manager. The ED Behavioral Health Clinical Coordinator facilitates and is responsible for the coordination of care of patients being treated for Behavioral Health-related concerns (both adult and pediatric) and improving patient outcomes as evidenced by the decreased length of stay, improved transitions of care, and increased patient satisfaction. Functions in a collaborative role with nursing staff, case management, the ED medical team, Pharmacy staff, Psychiatric Services, and crisis clinicians to coordinate patient care through the continuum. Serves as a patient/family advocate within the interdisciplinary team oversees and participates in efficient and quality clinical care. Performs QI initiatives for patients with Behavioral Health-related concerns engages in the formulation and adherence to the patient-specific care plan, collects and submits data, and reports to the ED Leadership team. Monitors key drivers and dashboard benchmarks inclusive of patient satisfaction, LOS, and recidivism rates. Develops action plans as needed. Serves as an educational and clinical resource for patients, families, and clinical staff. Provides clinical consultation to ED-based crisis clinicians as required and provides supervision for licensure hours for students and interns as needed.
1) Provide leadership and direction to the crisis staff (clinicians, counselors, admin support) located at Baystate Hospital.
2) Oversee the daily shift throughput of all crisis activities in the ED (both adult and pediatric) and on the medical floor. During the shift consistently identify which clients need new evaluations and which clients need mental status updates and assign them accordingly to the clinicians on site.
3) Assign cases and tasks to staff on shift (clinicians, counselors, clerical support). Perform crisis evaluations when needed
4) Provide case consultation for the clinicians on site. Provide individual supervision to designated staff.
5) Work collaboratively to ensure that all behavioral health clients in the ED are assessed promptly. Ensure all clinical information is updated and communicated regularly.
6) Assumes a leadership role in developing, coordinating, and participating in the interdisciplinary team's daily rounds and team huddles.
7) Serves as a clinical resource to staff for Behavioral Health patients and participates in educational in-services and orientation of new staff to Behavioral Health clinical care
8) Develops relationships with community resources to promote the continuum of care
9) Demonstrates fiscal responsibility
10) Participates in the development and maintenance of measures of success to demonstrate successful patient outcomes
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Master of Social Work (Required)
Licensed Social Worker – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.