Social Worker - Baystate Health
Category(s): Behavioral Health, Social Worker
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center, the region’s only level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center is seeking a Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor to join our Emergency Department team!
Join a multidisciplinary team to provide specialized care to our patients. We use a problem-oriented approach tailored to the needs of the individual. Our team consists of behavioral health clinicians, unit counselors, a psychiatrist, a physician assistant, psychiatric nurses, psychiatric social workers and master's prepared specialists, behavioral support members, occupational and recreational therapists.
BAYSTATE HEALTH BEHAVIORAL HEALTH EMERGENCY SERVICES CLINICAL COORDINATOR PERFORMS AN IMPORTANT ROLE of coordination of care of patients being treated for Behavioral Health related concerns (both adult and pediatric) and improving patient outcomes as evidenced by decreased Length of Stay, improved transitions of care, and improved medication reconciliation. Serves as a patient/family advocate within the interdisciplinary team, oversees and participates in efficient and quality clinical care. Performs QI initiatives for the patients with Behavioral Health related concerns, participates in the formulation and adherence to the patient specific care plan, collects and submits data and reports to ED Leadership team. Monitors key drivers and dash board benchmarks inclusive of patient satisfaction, LOS, recidivism rates. Develops action plans as needed. Participates in direct patient care as needed completing counselor functions based on the department needs. Serves as a clinical resource to staff for Behavioral Health patients and participates in educational in-services and orientation of new staff to Behavioral Health clinical care. Serves as an educational and clinical resource for patients, families and clinical staff.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH. Our career ladder provides opportunity to advance your profession and livelihood. Continuing education incentives and tuition reimbursements are available and encouraged to use.
ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off.
Hours available: Part time, 24-hours a week (8-hour shifts)
Find the right fit for your life
Masters in Social Work
LICSW, LMHC, PhD or PsyD (required)
3 years of work experience in a crisis or emergency department or other clinical settings in a supervisory capacity
Reports to and works collaboratively under the direction and leadership of the psychiatric emergency services team manager. The ED Behavioral Health Clinical Coordinator facilitates and is responsible for the coordination of care of patients being treated for Behavioral Health-related concerns (both adult and pediatric) and improving patient outcomes as evidenced by the decreased length of stay, improved transitions of care, and increased patient satisfaction. Functions in a collaborative role with nursing staff, case management, the ED medical team, Pharmacy staff, Psychiatric Services, and crisis clinicians to coordinate patient care through the continuum. Serves as a patient/family advocate within the interdisciplinary team oversees and participates in efficient and quality clinical care. Performs QI initiatives for patients with Behavioral Health-related concerns engages in the formulation and adherence to the patient-specific care plan, collects and submits data, and reports to the ED Leadership team. Monitors key drivers and dashboard benchmarks inclusive of patient satisfaction, LOS, and recidivism rates. Develops action plans as needed. Serves as an educational and clinical resource for patients, families, and clinical staff. Provides clinical consultation to ED-based crisis clinicians as required and provides supervision for licensure hours for students and interns as needed.
1) Provide leadership and direction to the crisis staff (clinicians, counselors, admin support) located at Baystate Hospital.
2) Oversee the daily shift throughput of all crisis activities in the ED (both adult and pediatric) and on the medical floor. During the shift consistently identify which clients need new evaluations and which clients need mental status updates and assign them accordingly to the clinicians on site.
3) Assign cases and tasks to staff on shift (clinicians, counselors, clerical support). Perform crisis evaluations when needed
4) Provide case consultation for the clinicians on site. Provide individual supervision to designated staff.
5) Work collaboratively to ensure that all behavioral health clients in the ED are assessed promptly. Ensure all clinical information is updated and communicated regularly.
6) Assumes a leadership role in developing, coordinating, and participating in the interdisciplinary team's daily rounds and team huddles.
7) Serves as a clinical resource to staff for Behavioral Health patients and participates in educational in-services and orientation of new staff to Behavioral Health clinical care
8) Develops relationships with community resources to promote the continuum of care
9) Demonstrates fiscal responsibility
10) Participates in the development and maintenance of measures of success to demonstrate successful patient outcomes
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Master of Social Work (Required)
Licensed Social Worker – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.