Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The role of the cardiac sonographer is to perform echocardiograms evaluating different aspects of the heart, such as chamber size, valve function and blood flow. The incumbent must be familiar with basic cardiac conditions in order to recognize and identify any abnormalities.
The individual will work with physicians and in doing so may assist in other diagnostic procedures (TEE's, Stress Echocardiograms). Other duties may include research, 3D imaging, scheduling appointments, explaining procedures to patients and or assisting patients, maintaining ultrasound equipment.
Incumbent is expected to adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Clinical Practice/Performs diagnostic quality exams according to department protocol/procedure. Possess a comprehensive understanding of heart and vascular and thoracic anatomy, heart and vascular pathophysiology and hemodynamics.
2) Clinical Practice/Demonstrates knowledge of equipment and optimizes equipment to enhance image quality. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of ultrasound physics, instrumentation, tissue characteristics, and measurements of blood flow, including the biological effects of ultrasound..
3) Completes patient charge capture in PACS system and paperwork accurately and timely. Maintains safe operation of designated equipment and assists to ensure orderliness of department..
4) Illustrates initiative, reliability and flexibility while performing duties.
5) Actively seeks and is receptive to honest feedback from healthcare team in ways to improve quality and performance.
6) Takes initiative in seeking educational resources for professional improvement.
7) Takes initiative in seeking educational resources for professional improvement.
8) Is knowledgeable of and assists with emergency procedures.
9) Maintains safe operation of designated equipment and assists to ensure orderliness of department.
10) Individual and/or team objectives from previous review cycle.
Required Work Experience:
1) Graduate of an ultrasonography accredited program 0-3 years required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years
Skills and Competencies:
1) CIS, McKesson, BP access, CIDEX use and online web-based training
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Certificate: Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.