Heart & Vascular - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Heart & Vascular
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Perform Echocardiographic procedures, e.g. 2-D, M-mode, Doppler and color mapping echocardiograms for patients as ordered.
1) Perform Echocardiographic diagnostic procedures as ordered by physician for patients.
2) Explain procedure to patient and assure cooperation and optimum test results.
3) Position patients.
4) Select appropriate transducer, depending upon depth of field, organ to be identified.
5) Conduct scanning procedures using ultrasound equipment.
6) Move scanner over specified body area, adjust equipment to focus.
7) Make hard copy images as directed.
8) Perform measurements as directed.
9) Document test and complete worksheets.
10) Consults with others to obtain a complete clinical history; gathers pertinent clinical data.
11) Process film using color printer. Assemble all necessary information and hardcopy for Cardiologist.
12) Maintain established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
13) Maintain department records (patient/other), reports, files and film jackets as required.
14) Assist in care and maintenance of facilities, equipment and supplies.
15) Maintain supply levels. Keep work areas clean. Alerts supervisor to equipment malfunction, etc.
16) Attend in-service and other meetings as required.
17) Enhance professional growth and development through educational programs, conferences, workshops, etc.
18) Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity for patients’ privacy and legal rights. Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development over the life span as evidenced by core requirements relative to age specific needs.
19) Complies with established department policy and procedures.
20) Demonstrates quality improvement in daily operations.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Must possess excellent communication skills
2) Sight acuity in the use of radiographic and computer screen for viewing and or positioning to obtain precise scans of body parts and to evaluate scans
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.