Team Member Engagement - Baystate Health
Category(s): Human Resources, Team Member Engagement
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, is looking for a DEI Consultant to join our Diversity, Health Equity & Inclusion Team.
This Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consultant position is specifically responsible for the leadership, program management, coordination and consultation across core process areas, business units, departments, and support organizations to advance Baystate Health’s diversity, inclusion and health equity strategy. This individual has shared accountability for moving BH to a higher level of performance in a culturally diverse marketplace and support the learning and development related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). They will manage a portfolio of programs and related activities for staff and help to build organizational health equity and cultural humility capabilities through the delivery of various DEI education activities. The role will include partnership in the continuous development of BH healthcare equity strategies and solutions, regulatory readiness, and development of tracking data to monitor and evaluate performance and effectiveness across the enterprise in various health equity domains. This position will also assist with the development and delivery of DEI education strategies and solutions across the enterprise, as well as management of Business Resource Groups (BRGs).
1) Under the guidance of the Director, support the continuing development, implementation and integration of the diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy across the Baystate Health enterprise and ensure delivery of appropriate learning and development solutions to enterprise-wide partners and staff.
2) Identify, analyze, and communicate health equity and diversity & inclusion trends, issues, opportunities, and understand their implications and impact on staff, patients/families, and the community.
3) Provide consultation, coaching, and delivery of DEI education to BH staff to increase the individual and collective capability for managing across differences and foster inclusion through promotion of dignity, inclusion, equity, and belonging for all patients, families, employees, and visitors regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religious or cultural beliefs, language, sexual orientation, abilities/disabilities, socioeconomic status, and geographic region.
4) Assist the ODEI team in developing and/or resourcing BH’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) by providing operational support and developing tools to help with programmatic collaboration and membership engagement.
5) Identify and support integration of best practices into our business models and delivery systems to achieve and sustain a competitive advantage in our diverse market among all communities served within our region.
6) Collaborate with Human Resources partners in the advancement of the DEI Workforce Strategy and the development of innovative practices, tracking initiatives, health equity and engagement data stratification, and diversity & inclusion metrics to monitor and evaluate organizational performance and effectiveness. Work collaboratively with partners across the enterprise and departments to make enhancements and improvements in inclusive and equitable care delivery, data collection, policy & practice.
7) Identify strategic alliances, business partnerships and local opportunities and establish relationships with relevant professional, community, business associations and organizations to promote the BH's efforts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Partner closely with Community Benefits, Government Relations, and Quality & Safety on planning, promoting, and engaging workforce in large-scale community events related to DEI and equity-based initiatives within the community.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2-5 years professional experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion within a large corporate or health care environment.
2) Proven ability to collaborate on initiatives focused on healthcare disparities, social determinants of health.
3) Experience in working within teams and across various departments.
4) Experience implementing a strategy/plan and contributing to organizational/operational solutions initiatives focused on DEI, healthcare disparities, social determinants of health.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) General knowledge of healthcare and human resources disciplines.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Project management experience
2) Bilingual Skills/Abilities are a plus
3) Excellent communication skills and confidence partnering with all levels of staff
4) Demonstrable skills in developing and executing a diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic plan, which promotes the organization and its mission.
5) Ability to build and foster productive relationships with co-workers, customers, suppliers, and other business and community contacts.
What you need to know:
- Full Time- Monday through Friday. This will be a remote-hybrid opportunity – which means weekly scheduled days in the office and some remote work.
- Location: 280 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.