Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Wing Hospital (BWH). BWH is a 74-bed community hospital with a wide range of inpatient, outpatient and behavioral health services located in Palmer, MA.
This position provides the overall vision and leads the strategic development of the service line at an organizational level. The incumbent is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of policies, programs and services which support the continued provision and improvement of quality patient care within the service line units.
The director reports to the Chief Nursing Officer of Patient Care Services and provides leadership in strategic planning, program development, operations, and human resource management. The Director provides leadership within and across departments and organizations to assure the development of effective and efficient systems and operations.
The incumbent ensures the planning, development, implementation, optimization and evaluation of care delivery processes across adult hospital care areas, the design and implementation of the operational readiness plan for a Top Decile hospital and leads the strategic development and improvement of adult bedside care.
The Director develops operational and financial goals and objectives and strategies in collaboration with the service line directors and department Chairs as appropriate to achieve efficient, effective care and integrated care. In addition, the incumbent will prepare, monitor and effectively manage budgets for assigned areas.
The Director manages effectively and efficiently the human, material, financial and informational resources to provide service-oriented patient centered- care in each respective department. He/she assures that adequate resources are allocated for the provision of patient care within the adult patient care units.
The Director develops operational and financial goals and objectives and strategies for achievement in collaboration with the service line managers and department Chairs as appropriate to achieve efficient, effective care and integrated care. In addition, the incumbent will prepare, monitor and effectively manage budget for assigned areas. He/she will prepare and control budgets as approved by the CNO.
The Director manages effectively and efficiently the human, material, financial and informational resources to provide service-oriented patient care in each respective department.
He/she provides leadership in the resolution of administrative or clinical problems affecting programs or services as indicated.The Director implements and executes new programs including staff planning, position design and physical space planning and coordinates efforts with Medical Center departments to ensure appropriate communication and cooperation.
The Director has freedom to act within established Medical Center policy and department goals and objectives. He/she keeps the CNO informed of issues which impact programs and service goals.
1) Collaborates to effectively direct the implementation of the service line strategies and programs consistent with overall health system goals and objectives that improve the efficiency and quality of care delivered and meet identified program outcomes on the adult patient care units. Executes systems and process improvements in collaboration with other department heads that address variances in performance to organizational goals. Creates a top decile care delivery model inclusive of quality, safety, satisfaction, engagement and fiscal stewardship through utilization of the LEAN busines model. Leads in partnership with physician leaders performance improvement initiatives within service to impact the quality and safety of care delivered. Creates and sustains an environment conducive to excellence in patient care and patient satisfaction. Oversees the development of the operating budget and capital requests for the department and maintains a cost effective patient care environment.
2) Develops strategies to improve throughput and patient flow in the service line. Provides leadership in partnership with service line directors, physician leaders, managers and staff to develop a positive work environment in assigned departments. Efficient and effective development of administrative systems and processes to facilitate service-oriented operational management of assigned programs. Leadership in creating efficient and effective linkages and alliances with colleagues across Baystate Health to facilitate service-oriented care for adult in patients. Oversees assigned departments' adherence to state and federal regulations including JC and DPH.
3) Develops strategy and systems to improve patient experience and patient satisfaction within the service line.
4) Works with his/her leadership team to create a positive work atmosphere that includes the principles of collaboration and teamwork resulting in a satisfying work environment for the service. Supports recruitment, retention, and work life strategies for the service working in close collaboration with HR to provide a stable and satisfied workforce capable of meeting the organizational goals and objectives for the organization. Ensures the effective selection, development and evaluation of direct reports and staff in assigned departments. Utilizes the organizational structure to foster team work and enable managers and employees to work together toward a common objective consistent with the mission of the medical center. Identifies leadership talent and implements strategies to foster development.
5) Coordinates budget development (operating and capital) for adult hospital areas. Monitors, identifies budget variances and works with leadership to respond effectively to variances. Leads initiatives to redesign processes that optimize cost, quality and efficiencies. Leads initiatives to redesign and improve throughput and capacity within the service line.
6) Develop and design detailed operational design and readiness plan with key milestones and deliverables for a Top Decile hospital. Process and workflow reengineering to optimize care transformation by LEAN. Participates with system-wide leaders to create strategic priorities for information technology to advance clinical business systems related to patient care and hospital of the future.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Master of Arts (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.