Home Care Nursing - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Home Care Nursing
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare quality and safety, is looking for a Director of Hospice and Palliative Care!
The Director of Hospice and Palliative care provides oversight of the agency's hospice, adult palliative care and pediatric palliative care programs. Responsibilities include day to day operations, strategic planning, quality assurance and interfacing with medical providers, agencies and community at large.
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
- Excellent Compensation
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pet, home, auto and personal insurance
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- 403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
- Life insurance
- First time homebuyer program
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to: gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Education: BSN
1) Ensure regulatory standards of clinical care and quality using NHPCO standards as well as other nationally accepted clinical evidence.
2) Assure that staff have solid structures and processes in place to problem solve and conduct weekly case conferences.
3) Stay abreast of and interpret Hospice and palliative care regulatory and industry trends and assure ongoing compliance and survey readiness. Drive a culture of accountability for regulatory compliance and financial stewardship.
4) Work with Senior Leadership team to strategically plan new programs.
5) Engage as a liaison to other Baystate entities including home health program leaders.
6) Establish strong working relationship with agency's Chief Medical Officer and Physician practices throughout the region.
7) Provide mentoring, onboarding, knowledge transfer and knowledge documentation support via department of education to continuously contribute to the professional development of all staff.
8) Work with Director of Human Resources and Department of Organizational Learning and Excellence to identify emerging new leaders and to support informal leadership and accountability within teams.
9) Develop annual budget for all three programs with an eye towards growth.
10) Identify data and trends regarding patient demographics and referral source preference reports to drive decisions with sales and marketing efforts.
11) Manage contracted vendors to ensure patients needs and safety, maintain compliance with regulatory and legal aspects of contracted services.
12) Lead the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement committee and activities in collaboration with the Department of Quality. Report QAPI activities to senior leadership and governing body.
13) Collaborate with the Pediatric Palliative Care Manager on ensuring positive patient outcomes and experience while meeting the regulatory requirements established by the Department of Public Health.
14) Participate in grant requests with the Baystate Foundation in efforts to secure additional funding for patient non covered goods and services.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Driver License – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.