Quality; Medical Practice Other - Baystate Health
Category(s): Performance/Analytics/Quality; Allied Health Clinical Professional, Quality; Medical Practice Other
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This is a grant funded position. As a grant funded employee, you will be considered a Baystate Health employee with the following stipulations:
- Your employment is contingent upon future funding of the grant. If the funding for a specified grant ends, the Talent Acquisition Office will work closely with you to assist you with employment, however, Baystate Health cannot guarantee continued employment.
- The grant employee will receive wage increases in accordance with regular Baystate Health policy and practice unless the grant cannot fund the entire increase. In these situations, any adjustments will be made based on the resources available throughout the grant.
The Program Director (PD) for the Alliance for Digital Equity (ADE) is the facilitative leader for a regional coalition of over 40 community-based organizations, associations, and individuals. The PD directly supervises the Digital Equity Partnership Coordinator, Digital Equity Project Specialist, Digital Equity Administrative Assistant. The PD oversees a 5.5 million dollars to Baystate the grant recipient, which is regranted by Baystate to over 30 sub awardees.
The PD is ultimately responsible for directing, organizing, and controlling the work of across set initiatives including:
- Outreach and Enrollment in the Affordability Connectivity Program (ACP) and other programs
- Connectivity Program for Homeless and Housing Unstable Individuals and families
- Digital Literacy and Skill Training
- Modernization of Public Spaces across four western Massachusetts counties for approximately 103 municipalities.
The PD is responsible for the design and development of the Alliance Network of Collaborating Organizations (ANCOs), staffs the governing body – ANCO Coordinating Committee. The PD is accountable for resource development, planning, program development, and oversight for communications, including assistance to subcontractors and community partners allied with these efforts.
The Director cultivates and strengthens strategic community partnerships and alliances between local, regional, and state-level coalitions and advocacy organizations; community-based nonprofit corporations; and business, social, educational, and health entities
The PD's role and responsibilities include the following functions:
- Establish procedures for ensuring that MBI funds are being used in whole or in part to pay for the cost of goods and services necessary to perform the scope of work meet the MBI grant and program requirements.
- Serves as the Team Leader for a collaborative grants management process and facilitates the design and implementation of a streamlined processes for contracting, monitoring and tracking sub awardees.
- Reviews implementation on a regular basis for continuous improvement and provides quarterly reports by initiative and an annual summative report for each initiative.
- Researches current trends in digital equity and arranges capacity-building for individuals, organizations, and communities to better equip them to advance tenets of digital equity as a civil right.
- Oversees routine needs assessments of digital needs, challenges and barriers to digital equity by target community and target population to optimize the use of digital tools, services and funding.
- Develops a strategic agenda and regional digital equity plan in conjunction with the ANCO that addresses the sustainability of MBI initiatives.
- Evaluates the community impact of the ACNO initiatives including – connectivity, outreach and enrollment, digital literacy and skills training, and pubic space modernization.
- Represents Baystate Health and the ADE as a liaison to the Massachusetts Broadband Institute (MBI), participating in MBI meetings and arranging meetings between MBI and ADE stakeholders and ANCOs to advance digital equity.
Additional skills and competencies:
- Ability to apply a cultural humility framework, adaptive leadership, or a similar approach for building the capacity and competencies of others to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to apply a facilitative leadership or adaptive leadership frameworks to working with groups
- Ability to use various public health planning frameworks for strengthening community infrastructure, increasing organization- and community-capacity, and modernizing systems.
- Ability to apply social determinants of health frameworks in community development and community organizing efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and/or application of interventions for health equity and social justice.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office applications, social media and other technologies/applications that support marketing efforts,
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of fundraising and/or grant writing, preferred
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Public Administration or related area. Other Advanced degree as health provider, nursing or physician preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and verbal skills, preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Master of Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.