Communications - Baystate Health
Category(s): Communications/Marketing/Planning, Communications
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Digital Content Analyst for the Healthcare Education Office (HEO) has primary responsibilities for strategic development, design, and maintenance of the information appearing on the HEO sections of the Baystate Health (BH) internet website, of the BH intranet website (The HUB), and BH's social media platform (Workplace). This role requires a knowledge and understanding of contemporary web design tools and best practices, video and audio editing, as well as the ability to write well and collaborate closely with faculty and leaders across the BH System, UMass Chan Medical School – Baystate and UMass Chan Medical School Worcester (including Department Chairs, Institute Directors, Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion, Marketing, and Information Technology) to generate high-quality, useful content. The Digital Content Analyst also works with HEO staff to ensure internet and intranet website content reflects the breadth of current resources and information. The Digital Content Analyst may be called upon to create print materials reflecting website content. Under the direction of the Senior Associate Dean for Education and in collaboration with BH Marketing, conceives of opportunities for an enhanced digital presence for the HEO and UMass Chan – Baystate as well as for the resources and constituencies these departments represent.
1) Content Strategy: Proactively identifies, obtains, and develops content from various internal and external sources and designs and edits this content into acceptable web format. Sources and conducts interviews; gathers relevant data; pitches, writes, and edits articles for online and print publications, and manages art for web content. Leads, curates, and creates regular posts for internal/external social media in collaboration with Public Relations, Marketing, and Communications. Efficiently inputs content into appropriate website using approved BH content management software. Adept at formatting user-friendly content and employing contemporary website and social media design principles and tools.
2) Project Management: Designs and manages projects to assure timely updating and enhancement of website. Works closely with Marketing and Information & Technology partners on website operations to identify, assess, implement, and resolve all website activities. Determines return on investment of proposed changes or updates and defines measurement criteria/tools to track impact. Performs operational reporting by utilizing Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access, as well as Google Analytics.
3) Digital Platform Advocate: Develops and maintains strong relationships with key academic, corporate, and clinical partners who are responsible for specific intranet and internet content and applications. Oversees the HEO and UMass Chan – Baystate website content and assures the coordination for timely, consistent, and meaningful content.
4) Oversees website content and assures the coordination for timely, consistent, and meaningful content. Facilitates collaborative system and data design sessions with primary partners, such as Marketing, Information Technology, Office of Education, Clinical Departments, Institutes, Diversity & Inclusion, and Human Resources.
5) Performs on-going analysis of the websites based on technology changes, policy updates, change in business process, and workflows. Proactively identifies and communicates issues and problems to Associate Deans. Trouble-shoots and resolves website problems related to the HEO and UMass Chan – Baystate. Identifies and facilitates sources of external assistance when necessary.
6) Educates colleagues on function and role of the websites and proper Baystate marketing/branding including best practices, trends, opportunities, and challenges.
7) All other tasks as assigned
1) Demonstrated skill and experience creating website content, including text, art, and graphics, and writing professionally; facility with digital production tools used for website and social media platforms
2) Track record of blogging and curating social media pages preferred
3) Experience with keyword-driven, SEO-driven web content and creating compelling messages for target demographics and personas.
1) Familiarity with Higher Education and/or Healthcare
2) Track record of blogging and curating social media pages
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to present a logical flow of information and data proficiently using tools such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe
3) Experience with a web-authoring tool and a graphics program (eg, PhotoShop, FireWorks) required
5) Strong communication, collaboration, interpersonal and customer service skills.
6) Efficient project management skills with ability to manage competing priorities across many assignments and cross-functional teams and meet demanding deadlines.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.