IT Engineer, Infrastructure - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Engineer, Infrastructure
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
– Remote work option available for applicants in the following states: CT, FLA, IA, KS, MA, MI, NH, NC, TN, TX, VT, RI, OH
The Desktop Engineer is an individual contributor who applies an in-depth knowledge of technical concepts, practices and procedures to BHS IT support. Incumbents are fully competent to work on complex assignments and perform a full range of technical support activities. The incumbent may act as a member of quick-response support team and will often work under demanding deadlines, operating independently to resolve complex end-user or design/configuration problems. The incumbent will plan and implement or oversee coordinated testing of new application as requested by Client Service Managers, to ensure compatibility with existing hardware and software applications.
This position provides support to BHS partners on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Develops and documents procedures used by other technicians. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other junior personnel.
Responsibilities may further encompass scripting, hardware and software technical support analysis, communications and network systems analysis, support and training, data security analysis, software quality assurance and testing, information systems auditing and enterprise solutions in both wired and wireless environment.
Incumbent is expected to adhere to System and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations. This description covers the essential functions of the position.
- Responsible for installation, upgrades, backups and maintenance of BHS systems.
- Allocate system resources as required.
- Apply patches and firmware upgrades
- Monitor the systems and review error, backup and status logs
- Perform troubleshooting and corrective action for system issues
- Support the day to day operations including modifications, adds and changes
- Works on projects assigned and may lead the project as needed
- Perform configuration tasks for systems and hardware
- Write, maintain and review technical documentation on work products
- Participate in On-Call rotation, 24×7 for a week per rotation
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Engineering role
Preferred Work Experience in one or all the following:
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- VMware Horizon Desktop & Application Virtualization
- VMware App Volumes
- VMware UEM
- ControlUP Monitor
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM)
- Imprivata SSO/AM
- VMware Workspace ONE
- Active Directory / Group Policy Management
- Powershell or other scripting
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.