Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Performs a wide variety of duties pertaining to the management of assigned projects which include, but are not limited to field assessments, space planning, furniture selections, wayfinding/signage, art selection and lead relocation activities for Baystate Health. Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to facilitate efficient, productive meetings and the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner. Strong organizational and project management skills. Exhibits sound understanding of maintaining the project schedule and budget. Self-motivated individual able to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines. Knowledge of materials and furniture appropriate for healthcare environments. Continuously improve and maintain furniture, finishes and wayfinding standards including leading coordination with Safety, Infection Control, Environmental Services and Engineering. Enhance process for selection and replacement of furniture and signage for clients.
Exhibits professional conduct that adheres to the Baystate Health operating principles of behavior which include trust, respect, integrity, collaboration and communication.
1) Ability to develop, manage and adhere to project schedules.
2) Efficiently lead project meetings with clients, consultants and contractors in support of the overall completion of an on-time/on-budget process.
3) Ability to develop, manage and adhere to budgets, from concept to completion.
4) Confer with clients to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences and function.
5) Assures compliance of work with Federal, State, local building codes, contract documents, hospital life safety codes and infection control requirements.
6) Advise the client on the interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, and color coordination. Render and communicate design ideas for presentations in the form of sketches, drawings and finish boards.
7) Select and purchase furnishings, art, signs, and accessories within budget.
8) Design and develop coordination documents for moves and minor construction pricing and coordination.
9) Manage sub-contractors for installation of flooring, fixtures, minor construction, finishes, furnishings, art, accessories and related items.
10) Maintain finish boards and documents of standards.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years related experience in Interior Design or Furniture Systems. 5 years in design and project coordination in lieu of degree.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 2 years in Healthcare Interior Design or Facilities.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Knowledge of healthcare finishes, furniture and wayfinding.
2) Lead, develop and advise on interior design standards and provide space planning and scheduling elements.
3) Customer service oriented, actively seeking out opportunities to help people.
4) Support department in deploying and implementing new initiatives.
5) Must demonstrate a high level of self-motivation with the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and able to multi-task.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Interior Design (Required)
National Council of Interior Design Qualification – Council of Interior Design Qualification
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.