Database Administrator - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, Database Administrator
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position provides strategic Data Base Administration to guarantee timely, efficient, accurate and uninterrupted database computing services to the business communities. Maintains database management software to supported revision levels and detailed database infrastructure documentation. Performs problem diagnostics and resolution for database infrastructure to support environment reliability levels. Provides performance analysis for databases and implements corrective tuning actions. Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other technical resources, database and application vendors.
The position accomplishes the above through a combination of planning, technical analysis and design, and technical management of systems functions consistent with Baystate Health policies and procedures.
1) Ensures daily backups are completed successfully and meets the business's Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
2) Installation and configuration of database management hardware and software infrastructure.
3) Provision resources to meet infrastructure and application database needs.
4) Review of current and emerging Data Base technologies.
5) When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including table reorganizations, purges, hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
6) Support 24/7 on-call rotation and disaster recovery.
7) Maintain all database infrastructure documentation, standards, procedures and configurations. Perform routine audits of storage infrastructure.
8) Maintain production change control schedule and participate in change control review process.
9) As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, or other technologies.
10) Develop a data model describing data elements and how they are used.
11) Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum 10 years' relevant experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Incumbent should possess 10 years of experience within the industry with 5 years previous Data Base Administration responsibilities
2) Incumbent should possess a working knowledge of data modeling and performance tools (i
4) AWR, Irwin, Desktop DBA and Toad) used to enhance the reliability and performance of production databases
5) Incumbent must possess an expert level understanding of Oracle, RAC, RMAN and or Sybase and or Cache and or Microsoft SQL Server and or MQSeries Clustering and TSM operating in Linux and or AIX Operating System environment
6) Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
7) The incumbent must exhibit superior project management and communication skills since he/she is required to manage and communicate across multiple levels and across both user and technical communities in a consulting and supportive role
8) A proficient level of knowledge regarding operating systems, physical database design
9) Ability to perform both database and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.