Environmental Services - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Environmental Services
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Location: Baystate Wing Hospital, Palmer MA
Shift: Per Diem
We are a 68-bed community hospital in Palmer, Massachusetts. We provide access to the world-class doctors, treatments, diagnostics, and technology of the Baystate Health network. Out team members, including skilled, compassionate nurses and medical support staff members, provide advanced and compassionate care.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Pamelia Morrow: Healthcare Recruiter
Performs a variety of Environmental Services duties under the direction of leadership. Duties will involve complete cleaning and disinfection of patient rooms, corridors, public rooms, offices, other designated areas as needed and the changing of cubicle curtains.
Responsible for the daily cleaning, room turnover cleaning and terminal cleaning of specialty areas including but not limited to: Emergency Department, Operating Rooms, LDRP, NICU, CCN, WETU.
Candidate must be committed to consistently following and be part of the Baystate Health System Operating Principles of communication, integrity, respect, trust and collaboration and the Caring Values of quality, compassion, teamwork, service, innovation.
Interacts often in a positive light with patient, family, and caregivers in a calm, caring, professional manner.
1) High level of interpersonal and customer service skills. Responsible for greeting and utilizing scripting whenever interacting with patients and customers.
2) Maintain high levels in flexibility, organization and prioritizing work.
3) Works in a team environment, collaborating with co-workers and unit staff.
4) Maintain health, safety and attendance requirements.
5) Adhere to system and department policy and any applicable laws and regulations.
6) Ability to perform daily responsibilities with minimal supervision following departmental duty lists to complete tasks.
7) Performs other departmental duties as required.
8) Follow departmental procedure guidelines and standard precautions in managing contaminated patient care equipment and supplies. Standard precautions include: hand hygene, sharps safety and wearing personal protective equipment.
9) Responsible for conducting daily terminal cleaning, maintaining all respective log books and use of UV-C disinfection technology.
10) Responsible for the cleaning and disinfection of all horizontal and vertical surfaces, equipment and furniture.
11) Responsible for the proper removal of municipal soiled waste, regulated medical waste, soiled linen, and recyclables.
12) Responsible for high and low dusting, applying finish or polish to wood & steel surfaces.
13) Responsible for daily cleaning of floors, baseboards, corners and edges.
14) Responsible for changing cubicle curtains as needed.
15) Must be able to maintain pace in high intensity units.
16) Must be able to break down, clean and disinfect various specialty equipment such as Operating Tables.
17) Responsible for moving rolling stock such as stretchers and beds as needed.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.