Food and Nutrition - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Food and Nutrition
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Accountable for the effective and efficient administration, allocation and utilization of resources for all systems throughout the BH Food & Nutrition Services Departments, including all satellite operations. Responsible for cost control, day to day operation, resource allocation, staffing, cleanliness, adherence to P&P and all other BH standards for their assigned Hospitality business. Areas under FANS include but are not limited to Patient Services, retail, production, purchasing, commissary and sanitation.
Accountable for effective supervision of FANS employees with consistent application of P&P to drive BH mission and values. Ensures customers needs are met and procedures are in compliance with applicable standards. Contributes to and promotes a teamwork environment. These functions are performed in accordance with Baystate Health System’s philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
1) Staff Supervision:
Supervision of Food & Nutrition Staff; assure efficient and effective workflows, address personnel issues, evaluations, scheduling, Kronos, orientation and staff development, disciplinary action, hiring, termination and similar activities. Resolves grievances and personnel issues and works in collaboration with Human Resources, Department Director, and Departmental Management team. Insures staff compliance of all BH policies and procedures, as well as all existing practices in Food & Nutrition Services.
2) Maintains safe work environment, observes all health and safety requirements and prepares and responds to accidents and unusual occurrences, reporting to Manager.
3) HIPAA , JCAHO and Government Compliance (regulatory agencies)
Knowledgeable of healthcare compliance requirements Supports sanitation/safety/preventative maintenance programs. Responsible for integrity of HACCP Program. Responsible for sanitation/safety inspections on a timely basis. Responsible for preventative maintenance work required as needed.
4) Reports needs for maintenance and repair of all equipment or systems associated with the day-to-day operations and maintain. Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and materials and assists with preview, selection and evaluation of new equipment and supply needs.
5) Oversees orientation and training of new staff and contributes to development and implementation of in-service education programs for all staff.
6) Other duties will be assigned based on location within FANS.
Required Work Experience:
1) 3 years directly related experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 5 years experience in Acute Care Hospital.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent organizational, project management and staff management skills.
2) Exemplifies customer service excellence and contributes to a teamwork environment.
3) Excellent verbal written and telephone communication skills.
4) Ability to work with end-users of varying skill levels, levels within the organization, and levels of difficulty.
5) Ability to analyze work flow and systems applications in a clear, concise manner.
6) Possess positive, solution-oriented attitude in the workplace.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Hospitality (Required), Bachelor of Science
ServSave Food Handlers Certified – ServSafe National Restaurant Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.