Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
***SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
We are looking for a CT Technologist to join our Imaging team here at Baystate Franklin Medical Center!
Resume Required with Application
- 24 hours per week, Second shift
- Weekend and Holiday rotation
- Greenfield, MA
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually.
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Jim Pugliese, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the supervision of the Radiologist and according to established policies and procedures, operates CT equipment as required, to obtain diagnostic images according to Radiologist specifications; will assist the Radiologist in protocols/procedures. The CT Technologist performs CT exams in compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies and procedures. The incumbent selects appropriate imaging parameters according to the knowledge of standard settings to produce CT exams of diagnostic quality with 90-95% accuracy. Assists radiologist in specialized exams such as biopsies, ablation, and abscess drainage. Consistently follows proper patient screening/care protocols and provides accurate documentation associated with each exam while supporting expedited patient throughput and diagnosis. Ability to operate multi-slice Computed Tomography (CT) scanners to produce cross-sectional radiographs of patient's body for diagnostic purposes by performing the following duties. Safe operation and care of CT equipment and exposure of patients to radiation for diagnostic information. Must be able to provide professional and quality care while following hospital policies, procedures and standards. Performs all duties of a CT technologist on a daily basis and provides direct patient care to patients ranging in age from pediatric through geriatric. Perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to supply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis.
1) Sound knowledge and proficiency in the use of CT Scan equipment.
2) Perform CT exams as per protocol on a variety of different body parts in a timely manner.
3) Complete appropriate history forms, technologist exam sheet and check labs when necessary.
4) Properly identifies patient information using two patient identifiers and complies to the National Patient Safety Goals standards, ARRT Code of Ethics Standards and embodies the Cultural Compass. Performs procedure as outlined in the job description and practices the ALARA principle at all times.
5) Performs accurate and high-quality exams by using the ALARA principle to assure proper technique, positioning and visualization of the appropriate anatomy requested.
6) Responsible for accurately inputting data, demographics and information into computer information systems, e.g., RIS, Synapse, Radnet and verifies timely transfer of images to the PACS system.
7) Reviews authorization /requisition and other companion paperwork to verify type of examination to be performed, to be alert for contra-indicators and suspected pathologies with 90-95% accuracy. Ensures proper imaging/treatment procedures by checking with nursing personnel, physicians and/or radiologists whenever questionable exams are ordered.
8) Explains nature of procedure completely and in laymen terms, in order to allay apprehension and elicit cooperation. Validates that patient understands procedure by questioning or other means.
9) Ability to start I.V.s independently and administer contrast media with power injector.
10) Performs quality checks on equipment in accordance with departmental procedures and takes appropriate action to expedite necessary service or repair.
Required Work Experience:
1) Satisfactory completion of a formal radiologic technology program in an AMA approved school preferred.
2) Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Skills and Competencies:
1) 1 year in CT in an acute care setting.
2) Technical skills in CT with understanding of cross-sectional anatomy, 3 D post processing, Computer skills, power injector, IV skills and CPR.
3) Must complete and maintain a minimum of 12 points from the Imaging Career Ladder Policy submitting evidence and documentation annually.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Radiography – American Registry of Radiologic Technologist, Radiologic Technologist – State of Massachusetts, Radiology Technician-CT – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.