Data Entry - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Data Entry
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Thank you for applying to Baystate Health. Please note these details:
Dept: Central Staffing Office
Hours: 24 weekly
Schedule: 12:30pm to 9pm
weekends and holidays
Minimum of 3 years of scheduling experience required
The Central Staffing Office (CSO) Schedule Coordinator will assist department leadership and nursing supervisors to ensure that staffing demands are met on all patient units by using the most cost effective means based on individual nursing unit staffing guidelines. The Schedule Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling contingency staff as needed: RN s, PCTs, OAs, OA/MTs and any additional staff that may be needed for 1:1 patient care. The CSO Coordinator will be a great communicator and detailed oriented. The Schedule Coordinator will be proficient at using staffing software and communication tools. The Schedule Coordinator will also field employee sick calls and search for replacements as needed; review schedules in advance for pre-scheduling known unfilled shifts (Vacation, FMLA, etc.) with CSO contingency staff as needed. The Schedule Coordinator will monitor nursing units to ensure efficient use of contingency staff by flexing to acuity and census changes. The Schedule Coordinator will assist in procuring and tracking time and attendance of temporary staffing from temporary employment agencies based upon the approval of the Financial Operations Director and/or Chief Nursing Officer.The Schedule Coordinator will assist in maintaining CSO employee files and ensures they are compliant and audit ready. This position is also responsible for the safe distribution of individual CSO staff based on experience and qualification.
1) CSO Operations: Maintains open communication with departments who utilize the CSO in order to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times. Serves as the primary contact source for approved temporary staffing requests. Assist in screening and interviewing potential CSO candidates. Communicates and coordinates CSO contingency staff assignments. Maintains electronic scheduling systems and processes. Maintains data bases to provide information and analysis for planning and decision-making regarding staffing resource utilization and future planning. Conducts ongoing monitoring of CSO processes as well as participates in continuous process improvement initiatives. Evaluate, analyze, and make recommendations regarding the operational feasibility and efficacy of the CSO staffing resource model. Assist in developing budget proposal based on the changing needs of the patient population and clinical program.
2) CSO Clinical Practice: Monitors feedback and communicates information as needed to to CSO leadership. Collaborates with nursing leadership to develop and implement CSO staff competency recommendations that achieves Patient Care Services' quality/safety targets and goals. Promotes excellence in patient care and customer service through interactions with core staff and department managers.
3) CSO Human Resource Management: Develop work schedules for CSO contingency staff by allocating shifts and positions. Manages CSO staff member's timekeeping and time-off requests. Collaborates with payroll to ensure correct employee compensation. Ensures required yearly competencies and other safety checks of all CSO staff. Works with the Finance Operations Director and nursing department leadership to determine need for shift bonus and temporary staffing. Establishes a cohesive relationship with HR partners to ensure compliance with internal and external HR policies and regulations. Champion labor efficiency by maintaining adequate staff (including PRN pool), avoiding scheduled overtime, and leveraging overtime with team members not approaching overtime.
4) Communication: Develop and maintain a system for communicating unfilled shift needs, available staff, and any changes in staffing. Follow-up with nursing leadership when there is a change in caregiver's schedule or any issues of concern. Communicate and confirm schedules, including any changes, with staff and caregivers. Uses excellent problem-solving skills and be able to prioritize. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by role modeling and communicating in a manner that supports all staff, patients, family members, and leadership.
Required Work Experience:
1) 3 to 5 years of staffing coordinator experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Previous Central Staffing Office Coordinator experience
Skills and Competencies:
1) Proficient PC skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
2) Creates spreadsheets and graphs.
3) Ability to work with data of statistical nature; proficiency in scheduling/Time Keeping system.
4) Ability to make sound judgments.
5) Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced setting. Takes initiative in completing tasks.
6) Strong work ethic/communications.
7) Maintains confidentiality of all information.
8) Strong interpersonal skills and telephone skills in dealing with peers and healthcare professionals.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science, High School Diploma (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.