Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
CRITICAL CARE ON WHEELS!
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Critical Care Transport team!
Invest in your future and theirs. Life-saving opportunities await – apply today!
Benefits for you!
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- First time home buyers’ program
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Competitive 403b retirement match
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical and financial health
- Per Diem
Responsible for advanced emergency and critical care patient management during transport of the critically ill to secondary and tertiary care institutions. Provides intensive care monitoring, critical care intervention and advanced surgical skill procedures to critically ill and injured pediatric through geriatric age groups. This includes the management of high-risk obstetrical, medical, surgical, trauma and cardiovascular patients. The specialized training of the Critical Care Transport Nurse Specialist allows for the provision of care to critically ill and injured patients through the use of ventilatory support, continuous cardiac and hemodynamic monitoring, including intra-aortic balloon pump, and other cardiac assist devices. Nursing expanded scope includes cricothyroidotomy, needle chest decompression, point of care ultrasounds and various intubation techniques. Upholds the standards of the system-wide customer service program.
- Provide care to patients in accordance with current Baystate Health Standards of Care
- Maintain clinical skill and proficiency required by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS)
- Maintain licenses and certifications required for the role
- Perform and monitor patient response to therapeutic interventions
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of clinical process as it relates to patients and families
- Collaborate with health team members, patients, and families
- Act as an advocate for patients and families
- Practice within accepted ethical and legal parameters
- Maintain a positive relationship with Baystate Health staff and regional stakeholders
- Demonstrate Baystate Health standards and vision in all situations
- Quality assurance activities
- Quality improvement activities
- Stakeholder education and outreach
- At least 3 years of full- time nursing experience in a critical care area such as ICU or ED
- Licensed RN in the state of Massachusetts
- Associate of Science in Nursing (with BS in another field or enrolled in BSN program)
- MA EMT license or must obtain EMT license prior to completion of orientation program
- MA Paramedic license preferred
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, ATLS preferred
- BSN preferred
- Invasive line monitoring experience preferred
- Device monitoring experience preferred
For more information jobs, please visit us at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus, Associate Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree (Required), Master of Nursing
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Basic Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN) – Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing, Driver License – Other, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Paramedic – Other, Neonatal Advanced Life Support – Other, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.