Driver - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Driver
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
This position is responsible for the pick up and transportation of specimens to and from BRL clients, BMC, BMLH, BFMC and any BH affiliate. This position will also be responsible for delivering mail, requisitions, small parcels, PBO bags and other items deemed necessary by the Courier Supervisor and or Dispatch. The filling and delivering of customer supply orders also. This position requires flexibility with shift schedule, as well as rotation of weekend, holidays and route schedule.
1) All of C-1
2) Must be 100% accurate when identifying, sorting and recording of messages.
3) Must be able to run 80% of courier routes with minimum supervision as required
4) Must be able to perform assigned dispatch duties with 100% accuracy
5) Must be able to fill customer orders with 100% accuracy
6) Must have the ability to transport patients.
Required Work Experience:
1) 1-2 years experience as a C-1 or equivalent
2) Valid Drivers License – Position subject to additional requirements (BH-HR-902 Fleet Policy)
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
Must have basic computer skills
Must be accurate with excellent organizational skills
Must have good written and verbal communication skills
Must have good customer service skills
Must have good map reading skills
Must be able to speak and write English
Must be able to multi task
Must be able to take verbal directions over phone
Must be able to identify all customer supplies
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Driver License – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.