Food and Nutrition - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Food and Nutrition
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Applicant will have proven cooking experience in a healthcare, restaurant or other hospitality setting. Performs either prep, room service, pod or line cooking functions for patient or staff feeding in accordance with HACCP, JCAHO and DPH regulations. Ensure appropriate supply levels to execute daily production needs. Ensure processed food inventories are maintained appropriately and are commensurate with food usage levels. Responsible for daily food quantity and quality based on C-Bord generated specifics. Maintain temperature and QA logs accordingly. Incumbent expected to perform safe food handling techniques, prepare hot and/or cold food products for assembly on the room service line or pod station for patients following direction of the supervisors. Produce high quality, made-to-order healthy food products for the room service line or pods in accordance to diet specifications in a timely manner. Knowledge of Mediterranean diets helpful. Must have the ability to learn on-the-job skills and handle periodic stressful times.
1) Safe, sanitary food handling techniques for feeding patients and staff
2) Team Player in a fast-paced environment
3) Works well under pressure, maintain composure, quality, consistency and safety
4) Responsible for daily food quantity and quality, based on C-Bord generated specifics or par levels
5) Ensure appropriate supply levels to execute daily production
6) Performs either prep, room service, pod or line cooking functions in accordance with HACCP, JCAHO and DPH regulations
7) Prepares hot and cold food items in an appropriate timeframe for assembly on the room service or pods line following direction of supervisor
8) Ensure safe smooth operation of food production department and equipment
9) Maintain temperature, QC and QA logs as directed by Executive Chef or designee
10) Cleans all equipment he/she comes in contact with-mechanical devices, refrigerators, cutting boards, knives, foodservice equipment
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years experience in foodservice industry with experience in short order, line cook or prep functions
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Knowledge of basic cooking skills, good math skills, ability to read, write and comprehend English
2) Knowledge of HACCP and SERV-SAFE related food handling techniques (gloves, cutting boards, cross-contamination, hygiene, danger zone) critical for consideration of position
3) Must have scheduling flexibility-days, nights and weekends
4) Team player in fast-paced environment is essential
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
ServSave Food Handlers Certified – ServSafe National Restaurant Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.