Food and Nutrition - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Food and Nutrition
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Applicant will have proven cooking experience in a healthcare, restaurant or other hospitality setting. Performs either prep or occasional line cooking functions in accordance with HACCP, JCAHO and DPH regulations. Ensures appropriate supply levels to execute daily production needs. Ensures that processed food inventories are maintained appropriately and are commensurate with food usage levels Responsible for daily food quantity and quality, based on C-BORD generated specifics.. Maintains temperature and QA logs accordingly. Ensures the safe, smooth operation of food production department and equipment. Incumbent is expected to perform safe food handling techniques, prepares hot and/or cold food products for assembly on the room service line following direction of the Supervisor. Produce high quality, made to order, healthy food products in accordance to diet specifications in a timely manner. Must have the ability to learn on-the job-skills, and handle periodic stressful times. Line, prep or short order cooking skills necessary.
1) Team player in a fast paced environment. Is able to assist in other areas of the department when needed.
2) Safe, sanitary food handling techniques: gloves, cutting boards, cross-contamination, hygiene, danger zone.
3) Ensures appropriate supply levels to execute daily production needs.
4) Responsible for daily food quantity and quality, based on C-BORD generated specifics or par levels. Maintains those par levels. Follows recipes when producing entrees for café or soups used for patients and visitors. Has a good knowledge of the methods used to produce specific types of foods using various cooking methods.
5) Ensures the safe, smooth operation of food production department and equipment.
6) Performs either prep or occasional line cooking functions in accordance with HACCP, JCAHO and DPH regulations. Follows batch cooking guidelines set forth by Departmental Manager, ensuring quality products being served.
7) Prepares hot and/or cold food items in an appropriate timeframe for assembly on the room service line following direction of the Supervisor. Maintains proper levels of food for sale in the steamline.
8) Works well under pressure; maintains composure, quality, consistency, safety. Ability to react in the proper manner during a situation where proper response can turn an unfortunate experience into a pleasant one for both the customer and the hospital. Works at Service recovery.
9) Maintains temperature, QC and QA logs as directed by Lead.
10) Cleans all equipment he/she is in contact with mechanical devices, refrigerators, cutting boards, knives, food service equipment.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years experience in food service industry with experience in short order, line or prep functions
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Knowledge of basic cooking skills
2) Good math skills
3) Ability to read, write and comprehend English
4) Knowledge of HACCP and SERV-SAFE related food handling techniques: gloves, cutting boards, cross-contamination, hygiene, danger zone
5) Applicant will be expected to clean all equipment he/she is in contact with
6) Scheduling flexibility: days, nights, alternating weekends
7) Team player in a fast paced environment is essential
8) Diet knowledge helpful, strong verbal, written skills and some basic math skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.