IT Support - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Support
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Lead Computer Operator and or Computer Operations Manager, organize input data and process assigned jobs according to pre-determined schedules. Review, verify, process and run to completion all pre-determined scheduled jobs.
Performs System Implementation via approved change control processes. Ensure all related documentation and flow charts are accurate and correct. Perform problem notifications for job failures to the on-call support personnel and / or other support teams as needed.
The above description covers the essential functions of the position. The incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Organize and process input data in an orderly and logical sequence, enabling efficient running of multiple jobs and maximum utilization of our computer systems. In the absence of the Lead Computer Operator, perform System Implementation via System Change Control documentation.
2) Observe ongoing operations processes, analyze computer performance and identify systems or equipment malfunctions and take appropriate action by contacting the needed support.
3) Responsible for making required log entries in system control books during job execution, constantly comparing the recorded data with prior entries for proper record and dollar continuity and making decisions to continue processing or not, based on interpretation of the control data
4) Initiate corrective action required within scope of position's responsibilities for any failed devices, systems and applications.
5) Log operating time, down time, and other applicable data concerning computer and related equipment during planned and unplanned downtimes. Perform notifications via group paging, Alertus and Everbridge. Initiate conference bridge line when required for support teams. Assist in server reboots under the direction of the Data Center Server Engineer and or Windows Server Engineer.
6) Perform routine preventive maintenance on computer, printers and other related devices, referring unusual hardware problems to manager.
7) Maintain up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures and standards.
8) Monitor the health of BH applications via CA Performance Center, Solarwinds and SCOM to insure the highest levels of availability while performance remains adequate at all times. Monitor and take the appropriate action required for any HVAC and UPS related issues covering multiple data centers and critical data rooms located at BMC, BFMC, BNH and BMLH. Perform notifications to I&T support and outside contractors as needed and update incident tickets via Service Now appropriately.
9) Provide backup coverage for Lead Operator and job scheduler duties in his/her absence.
10) Assist Lead Computer Operator training for all new Operators. Provide input on hiring, performance evaluations.
11) After normal business hours, i.e.: 7:30am to 5:00pm and weekends also provide Service Desk coverage for assisting I&T and Field Service teams with partner issues and perform required notifications via, group paging, Alertus and Everbridge. Initiate conference bridge line when required for support teams.
12) DCNOR (Data Center Operational Nightly Reporting) remains up to date at all times.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum 3 years of experience in a multi-platform/vendor fast paced environment
2) Knowledge of IBM Mainframe Z-series, ZOS, TSO, JES2 and CICS, Computer Associates products, TLMS, Dispatch and Scheduler, SCOM and related Network monitoring tools.
3) VISIO, Windows, ‘ServiceNow’ (Incident reporting application), Microsoft Office products and conceptual understanding and ability to identify networking components (i.e. switches, routers, Servers etc.)
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to make informed decisions with at times, limited information.
2) Ability to read and understand Computer Operations processing schedules and make needed adjustments as required.
3) Ability to quickly learn new technologies used in conjunction with performing daily job functions.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science, GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.