Quality - Baystate Health
Category(s): Performance/Analytics/Quality, Quality
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Community Health Planning Consultant (Consultant) is accountable for evaluation, research and assessment projects for the Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts (PHIWM), including assistance to subcontractors and community partners allied with the corporation in these efforts. The Consultant cultivates and strengthens strategic community partnerships and alliances between local, regional, and state-level coalitions and advocacy organizations; community-based nonprofit corporations; and business, social, educational, and health entities.
The Consultant is accountable for assisting in strategic thinking, research and evaluation and program planning to achieve the corporation's strategic goals and objectives assigned to the Consultant. The position's role typically involves cooperative and collaborative relationships with several community partners (faith, business, education, social sector entities).
1) Develops models for conducting needs assessments, measuring program performance and results and community outcomes/impact. Provides strategic thinking and forecasting on how assessments and evaluations contribute to sustaining health initiatives and how to stimulate collaboration among public health and community leaders to sustain project services.
2) Builds, conducts, and supports research and evaluation efforts for local collaborations and programs to support community initiatives. Assist in initiating and sustaining grant developed programs with community partners, including providing data analysis and program evaluation. Implements related demonstration projects or action research including the design process for a collaborative approach and strategies for change in the health area.
3) Provides consultation to partner organizations that improve the planning, management, or evaluation of program start-up processes for the project. Provides facilitative leadership to the project team in action planning including steps and/or activities to address the priority areas, and implementing actions with a timeline, identifiable milestones and evaluation measures. Provides facilitative leadership to fellow community leaders, and offers opportunities and/or shares experiences, perspectives and expertise on issues such as partnership development, meeting planning, facilitation, and conflict management.
4) It is expected that the Consultant will work under the general supervision of the Director of Community Research and Evaluation. The Consultant's work entails the day-to-day management (including planning, directing and organizing staff, programming and funding responsibility) of a selected program.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5 years of relevant experience, including 1-2 years of evaluation experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 5 years in a role of a program manager or supervisor in a public health or human service program
Skills and Competencies:
1) Strong interpersonal, facilitation and collaborative planning skills;
2) Experience designing and implementing program and initiative evaluations;
3) Quantitative data analysis and summary skills;
4) Experience conducting and analyzing focus groups and interviews;
5) Strong written and oral communication skills;
6) Proven abilities to work with and within teams;
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Social Work (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.