Accounts Receivable - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Accounts Receivable
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under direction of Patient Accounting Supervisor, perform a variety of duties relating to resolution of all third party claims and patient balances.
1) Maintain current knowledge of all third party requirements including all managed care contracts and state and government regulations, to ensure compliance.
2) Obtain supporting documentation and other information required to insure acceptance of claim by third party payer.
3) Using skills and techniques, interact with third party payers and patients for resolution of outstanding balances.
4) Process claim form electronically or manually according to payer specification, as needed.
5) Update billing information via on-line billing systems, as needed.
6) Document pertinent account information pertaining to claims submission and resolution.
7) Establish and maintain a working relationship with third party representatives to promote feed back and timely resolution of claims.
8) Maintain knowledge of third party payment methodology to insure accurate reimbursement.
9) Interact and communicate effectively with inter-departmental units when necessary.
10) Maintain and submit required reports and logs.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 6 month experience in medical billing and or follow-up
2) Additional experience is highly preferred
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.