Medical Coding - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, Medical Coding
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position is responsible for the accurate coding of Outpatient, Observation, Ambulatory, Ancillary and ED.
All tasks need to be performed following the Operating Principles of Baystate Health.
1) Assign ICD-10-CM and/or CPT codes to medical records
2) Adheres to all appropriate coding rules
3) Participates in educational coding meetings either onsite or offsite
4) Meets the minimum productivity and quality coding standards
5) Participates as team member of quality team
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 1-3 years as a coder or equivalent experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Willing to pursue home health specific coding certification
2) Credentialed as a Certified Coding specialist
Skills and Competencies:
1) Thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM codes, CPT codes, APC's, APG's, and DRG's, as appropriate
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Coding Specialist – American Health Information Management Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.