Informatics - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, Informatics
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Clinical Transformation Specialist is a specifically trained individual who is responsible for ongoing operational optimization and process improvement across all clinical areas of Baystate Health. This position is a coaching and support role with focused attention on operational and clinical workflow improvements. The Clinical Transformation Specialist is committed to quality improvement, practice transformation, and leveraging health information technology to improve clinical team member efficiency and satisfaction. The Clinical Transformation Specialist will deliver on-site support and ongoing EMR (electronic medical record) education to maintain the adoption and standardization of operational enhancements.
This role will co-facilitate clinical training offerings (classroom, remote/virtual, one-on-one, small group) with the Clinical Informatics Education Specialists and will collaborate closely with the Clinical Informatics Business Relationship Managers
1) On-Site Rounding and Education Support:
The Clinical Transformation Specialist will provide rounding and on-site EMR (electronic medical record) education support across assigned clinical areas/practices – assists all clinical users and providers with operational enhancements, identifies areas of needed ongoing education and support, ensure timely problem resolution in collaboration with the Clinical Education Specialists and Clinical Informatics Business Relationship Managers; works closely with clinical operations team members to maintain established standardized workflows and use of technology tools/applications.
2) The successful candidate will observe clinicians' workflows and provides coaching feedback for maintaining and maximizing operational standards and efficiency.
3) Collaborates with Clinical Informatics Business Relationship Managers with awareness of operational challenges/obstacles as observed. Provides required documentation outlining the issue or future project to Clinical Informatics Business Relationship Manager/Team Leader/Manager.
4) Ensures communications regarding technology changes/enhancements are distributed timely amongst assigned clinical areas/practices – this includes, but is not limited to, email communications, in-person demonstrations, team meetings, business/leadership meetings, one-on-one.
5) The Clinical Transformation Specialist will attend department/service line team and/or leadership meetings to present upcoming changes/enhancements, provide consultation to mitigate obstacles or lack of adherence to standard workflows and use of tools/applications, and serve as a trusted advocate for issue escalation and resolution, and identify optimization opportunities.
6) Participates in the training assessment, development of training curriculum and materials, co-facilitates education delivery (classroom, virtual/remote, at-the-elbow, etc.)
7) Participates in the evaluation of curriculum deployment effectiveness and provides regular feedback to the Clinical Informatics Education Specialists, Team Lead, and/or Manager
8) Actively reviews and monitors analytics/reports (i.e. Cerner's Lights On and Advance) to proactively identify areas for improvements and efficiency.
9) Demonstrates the ability to autonomously manage assignments and seeks feedback/oversight from Sr. Transformation Specialist, Team Lead, or Manager.
10) Promotes a positive team learning environment by sharing acquired knowledge with assigned clinical areas/practices and amongst the Clinical Informatics teams.
11) Ability to travel to any Baystate Health facility/location is required, often more than one site per day
1) Greater than 5 years of healthcare experience, including direct patient care or patient care support; or demonstrated experience with EMRs with a prior role as a department/team superuser
1) 3-5 years of clinical education or Informatics experience, or demonstrated superuser or subject matter (SME) experience with proven outcomes.
Clinical healthcare experience is preferred; Ability to interact with all levels of the organization; Proficiency in MS Office products; Excellent communication and presentation skills (both oral and written); Exemplifies customer service excellence; Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; Demonstrates flexibility and is solutions-oriented; Attention to detail; Able to troubleshoot process/workflow issues and document resolutions
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required), Bachelor of Science
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.