Risk - Baystate Health
Category(s): Legal/Compliance/Risk, Risk
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health’s Clinical Risk Managers are an integral member of the healthcare team. As the Risk Manager, you will be responsible for identifying potential losses to the organization, both clinical and enterprise; developing and maintaining appropriate loss prevention policy and strategy
- Serve as an expert resource regarding clinical healthcare legal issues, interpretation of state and federal statutes and regulation and potential legal and safety risks and ramifications of healthcare decisions and actions
- Collaborate with the Patient Safety department in the identification and investigation of patient adverse events
- Coordinate the Patient Safety CARe process: including investigation of patient safety adverse events, preparing providers to do disclosure of investigation results to patients and families and collaborating with our Captive Insurer to work toward resolution
- Collaboration with providers to promote patient safety
- Prepare and submit mandated reports to state and federal agencies and, when applicable, coordinate with external agency investigations.
- Develop and present educational programs to medical, professional and technical staff on issues of professional liability and clinical and enterprise risk awareness and mitigation
- Develop policies to insurance compliance with state and federal healthcare laws and regulations
- Work with retained counsel on matters of investigation, discovery and trial preparation of lawsuits.
- Serve on committees throughout the Baystate Health organization to promote the health of our communities with quality and compassion
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred
- Nursing experience strongly preferred Previous healthcare risk management, safety, quality, professional liability experience preferred.
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) and Professional Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) certifications preferred Strong computer, writing, presentation and analytical research skills
Ability to work a hybrid schedule available after initial training For more information please email Donna.email@example.com
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.