Research Support - Baystate Health
Category(s): Research, Research Support
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position seeks a candidate with a willingness to take on new challenges and possessing excellent organizational skills. The Research Assistant will assist physician-investigators conducting research in a large academic medical center. The RA will assist the researchers as they conduct research, publish results, and apply for grant funding. Duties include: literature reviews; survey administration; data entry; qualitative data coding; compiling and submitting IRB initial and continuing applications; organizing IRB binders after study close; assisting with editing and submitting manuscripts; assisting with NIH grant applications; departmental quarterly metrics; and editing the departmental website.
CITI certification is preferred. Research experience and/or education related to health services research is strongly preferred.
1) Works under close supervision and in accordance with specified and detailed instructions.
2) Able to handle some non-routine situations, but Supervisor /Investigator available to handle most, and review progress of work
3) Performs variety of routine duties, tests, and procedures to assist investigators and other research staff in the collection, verification, and compilation of research information.
4) Contributes to and maintains study and patient files in a highly organized manner.
5) Secures study and patient files to ensure confidentiality. Collect data according to structured guidelines. Records & Organizes results. Reports unusual findings to supervisor.
6) Perform actual study tasks under supervision. Perform study tasks in accordance with BMC policies and federal and state regulations.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 6-12 months experience as a Research Assistant OR
2) Academic courses focused on research methods
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basic understanding of data collection and research principles preferred
2) CITI certification preferred
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Clinical Research Coordinator – Association of Clinical Research Professionals, IATA – if required for role – various, Specialty Certification in Clin. Research (SoCRA, ACRP) required w/in 1 year of meeting eligibility. – various
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.