Home Care Nursing - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Home Care Nursing
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Oversees an interdisciplinary team. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the clinical team. Provides supervision for all working staff. Acts as a direct resource to the community.
1) Provides supervision for all working clinical staff
Assigning work, guiding and advising subordinates as necessary. Resolving routine personnel problems. Authorize and review utilization of home health nursing, social work, occupational, physical and speech therapy. Authorize, direct and monitor care being treated in nursing,social work, physical, occupational and speech therapy for medical necessity and appropriateness of care. Review plans of care to ensure functional outcomes and use of clinical practice guidelines. Identify areas of concern with regards to deficiencies in the Plan of Care and make appropriate referrals and outreach to assist in improved treatment outcomes. Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources.
2) Accepts new admissions from referral sources
Oversees employee and patient visit schedule. Delegates new admissions to appropriate staff members in collaboration with other Clinical Managers.
3) Ensure adequate staffing with properly trained personnel. Resolve personnel issues. Ensure that competence is assessed, maintained, and improved and performance is reviewed on a timely, ongoing basis.
4) Maintains professional growth and development through: attendance at Seminars, workshops, and conferences, affiliation with professional organizations, and review of current professional journals.
5) Understands and demonstrates BHS/BHH operating principles. Adheres to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations.
Facilitates effective and timely care delivery of an interprofessional staff in collaboration with all clinical manager partners. Leads an interprofessional approach to care planning, delivery and evaluation to assure quality of care outcomes and fiscal goals. Leads team meetings and case conferences.
7) Management duties
In partnership with the Clinical Director, builds and evaluates team members through sound hiring and counseling, holding clinicians accountable to agency established standards of practice, documentation and productivity. Partners with all team members. Performs periodic homecare visits with staff to evaluate competency and productivity. Counsels or takes disciplinary action when required to support uniform adherence to departmental policy or professional standards of practice.
8) Participates in employee recruitment and retention activities. Interviews and selects prospective employees in partnership with Clinical Director. Recognizes staff performance for rewards and recognition. Embraces opportunities to engage with staff. Resolves personnel problems in collaboration with the Human Resources Department. Assists in and provides guidance to agency managers for successful recruitment, retention, and orientation/preceptorship of quality clinicians to ensure appropriateness of staffing.
9) Coordinates orientation, in-service, staff, and any other departmental, agency or system-wide programs/meetings as requested.
10) Completes home visits including SOC and Revisits as needed.
11) Reviews workflow within the EMR on a daily basis and completes work accordingly.
12) Quality and Performance Improvement:
Regularly accesses SHP reports to view clinician and team performance on key home health indicators. Leads IDT meetings on a regular basis. Collaborates with other managers to identify PI initiatives. Participates in the review and development of policies and procedures.
13) Assumes additional responsibilities as requested including on call weekends, evenings and holidays.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing (Required)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – Other, Driver License – Other, Occupational Therapist – Other, Physical Therapist – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.