Employee Training - Baystate Health
Category(s): Education, Employee Training
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Clinical Informatics Education Specialist is accountable for providing a comprehensive training needs analysis/assessment, developing training courses and materials, and delivering training programs (such as inclusive of all clinician workflows) to enable BH employees/affiliates to use enterprise network solutions and applications efficiently. In addition, the Clinical Informatics Education Specialist provides ongoing in-person education, training, and support to providers and clinical staff across Baystate Health .
1) The successful candidate will demonstrate competency with instructional design methodologies/theory and application of adult learning models to assess learners' needs appropriately tailor instructional content and methodology
2) The effective Clinical Informatics Educator will assist in identifying training needs and target populations through job and workflow analysis. In addition, serve as a highly collaborative internal consultant for training. The Clinical Informatics Educator will serve as a consultant within Baystate Health to identify training issues and effectively lead a collaborative effort to resolve education/training needs.
3) The successful candidate will assist in the development of new programs and revision of current training content. Senior educators will develop, deliver and revise highly effective evidence-based training materials and programs that integrate adult learning principles and a solid instructional design methodology.
4) Course development and review will encompass classroom, small-group, one-on-one, and online courses. Through a highly collaborative process, educators will facilitate internal organizational collaboration to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
5) Clinical Informatics Educator will fully leverage available learning and web-based technology to ensure the right solution is delivered to the right learner at the right time in various settings.
6) Clinical Informatics Educator will assist in the development of new programs and revision of current training content. In addition, the effective Informatics Educator will assist in identifying areas of improvement related to the development and delivery of course materials based upon evidence-based methodologies and partner feedback.
7) The Clinical Informatics Educator will foster a positive team learning environment by sharing acquired knowledge with other training team members in instructional design and delivery. In addition, stays abreast of the training industry (including Adult Learning, Instructional Design, and Performance Improvement) to provide partners with learning leadership, being aware of most current learning trends and tools available.
8) Demonstrates ability to manage assigned projects autonomously and manage aspects of complex projects with oversight from Team Lead, Senior Educators, and/or the Manager of Clinical Informatics.
9) Collaborates with Team Lead, Senior Educators, and/or the Manager of Clinical Informatics to formulate and advance strategic recommendations.
10) The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of strategic planning methodologies apply new concepts to curriculum development and deployment.
Required Work Experience:
1) Greater than 5 years healthcare experience, including direct patient care or patient care support; demonstrated experience with education development and execution to enhance clinical operations
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years of education experience, including instructor-led classroom training, web-based training courseware development, and required authoring. Demonstrated experience with and use of Instructional Design methodology.
Skills and Competencies:
Clinical experience is a plus, and proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Development of web‑based training courses preferred. Experience with course development tools( Camtasia or similar products) and project management experience is a plus. Some experience with Instructional Design methodology is desired. Is flexible, solutions-oriented, responsible, and honest.
Exemplifies customer service excellence.
Demonstrated ability to handle change and openness to coaching and feedback. Keeps management apprised of progress, plans, and issues via weekly status reports. Contributes to a teamwork environment. Continuously monitors the software market in search of technology tools that will improve the development and delivery of training programs—excellent communication and organization/planning skills.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.