Biomedical/Clinical Engineering - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, Biomedical/Clinical Engineering
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Perform a variety of Equipment Management Program Services including: preventative maintenance (PM) & corrective maintenance, incoming inspection & installation, warranty coverage, vendor provided maintenance, operator training, pre-purchase evaluation & capital planning, and disposition. Maintain accurate inventory and documentation of all service events performed on medical equipment.
1) Perform incoming inspection, installation, calibration, preventative maintenance (PM), corrective maintenance, and disposition of medical equipment.
2) Provide technical support in equipment pre-purchase evaluation and equipment capital budget planning.
3) Work with customers and management to ensure appropriate technology utilization. Provide technical support and in-service education programs on use of equipment.
4) Work with outside vendors as needed to secure repairs and parts. Monitor completion of activities performed by outside vendors.
5) Prepare purchase requests for services and supplies. Work with Supervisor to ensure accuracy of invoices and Statement of Expense.
6) Maintain accurate listing of inventory.
7) Document all service events performed on medical equipment in the CMMS according to the CE policy.
8) Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and classes as requested.
9) Provide after hours on-call support.
10) Observe all health and safety requirements, maintain standards of practice consistent throughout BH, and ensure that the records are in compliance with safety codes set out by regulatory agencies such as the Joint Commission, Department of Public Health (DPH), HIPAA, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and National Electrical Code (NEC).
11) Monitor workload and schedule activities to maximize productivity.
12) Exercise tact and discretion in patient care areas.
13) Provide technical related reports as needed.
14) As workload necessitates, perform other CE functions
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years full-time experience as a Clinical Engineer or Biomedical Technician
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Organizational skills; Ability to make sound judgments
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts (Required)
Driver License – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.