Nutrition - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Nutrition
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Under the direction of the BHS-Manager, Clinical Nutrition is accountable for providing medical nutrition therapy to inpatient population (pediatric-adult) at Franklin Medical Center. In collaboration with the Operations Manager, is accountable for the diet office function, assuring compliance with established policies and procedures, scheduling of dietary staff and fiscal control.
1) Performs comprehensive nutritional assessment for defined patient population.
2) Develops medical nutrition therapy plan of care and monitors outcomes to plan.
3) Communicates nutrition care plan needs to patient care team throughout continuum of care.
4) Provides patient nutrition education appropriate to patient's readiness and learning ability.
5) Participates in activities related to Human Resource Management.
6) Participates in facility/department planning and PI activities.
Required Work Experience:
1) 1 year previous experience in clinical nutrition required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Requires the skills and knowledge acquired through completion of an accredited college or university in nutrition with successful completion of clinical practicum through an accredited CUP, AP4 or internship program
2) Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
3) Will consider registration eligible with successful acquirement within 1 year of employment
4) Member of the American Dietetic Association
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nutrition (Required)
Licensed Dietician – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.