Nutrition - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Nutrition
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Potentially this position could be open to 40 hours.
Under the general supervision of the department leadership, the Registered Dietitian (RD) practices within the Academy of Nutrition Dietetic's Scope of Practice in Nutrition Care and Scope of Professional Performance, the MA Statutes and Regulations (Dietitians and Nutritionists) and demonstrates Baystate Health's core values. The RD demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide expected standards of care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational spiritual, safety and age-appropriate considerations of patients. The RD assumes responsibility for the patient's nutrition plan of care and is held accountable for decisions specific to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the nutrition plan of care. The RD provides care directly to patients and in collaboration with other health care team members. The RD participates in committees and/or PI initiatives. The RD seeks to improve knowledge and skill, complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies and is currently registered with Commission on Dietetic Registration and licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist.
1) Performs comprehensive nutritional assessment for defined patient population.
2) Develops medical nutrition therapy plan of care and monitors outcomes to plan.
3) Communicates nutrition care plan needs to patient care team throughout continuum of care.
4) Provides patient nutrition education appropriate to patient's readiness and learning ability.
5) Participates in facility/department planning and PI activities.
Required Work Experience:
1) 1 year previous experience in clinical nutrition required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Requires the skills and knowledge acquired through completion of an accredited college or university in nutrition with successful completion of clinical practicum through an accredited CUP, AP4 or internship program
2) Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
3) Will consider registration eligible with successful acquirement within 1 year of employment
4) Member of the American Dietetic Association
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nutrition (Required)
Licensed Dietician – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.