Customer Service - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Customer Service
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Under direct supervision, the Client Service Specialist receives & assesses requests from all major constituencies: patients, families, physicians, vendors and staff. Analyzes request and provides accurate triage using approved processes. Dispatches critical codes under supervision, provides courteous assistance and support to patients, visitors, internal customers as well as key contacts in a 24 hour by 7 day a week setting. BFMC Schedules Interpreters, monitors security system takes appropriate action if necessary.
1) Answer & triage incoming & operator assisted calls
2) Relay messages sent to or received from customers in a timely fashion
3) Paging subscribers for internal and external clients with supervision
4) Activates emergency code teams, disaster response team as well as stat pages with supervision
5) PCIS and SMS patient look-up for patient info
6) Flexibility: Accepts, manages, and thrives in a changing environment
7) Alert Engineering to OR alarms
8) Gives and accepts feedback, gathers, relays and responds to information with clarity
9) Demonstrates sensitivity and negotiation skills
10) BFMC ONLY- Trained to book Interpreters based on requests
11) BFMC-Trained to monitor Safelinc and Premises systems on 1st & 2nd shift and report issues to appropriate pre determined departments
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 0-3 years Customer Service or Telephone Operator experience
Skills and Competencies:
1) Computer Skills, XP, Windows 7, MAC a plus
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET, Non-Graduate (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.