Spiritual Services - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Spiritual Services
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Under the direction of the Manager of Spiritual Services, the Per Diem Priest Chaplain provides pastoral and sacramental ministry to support members of the hospital community through the stresses of illness, treatment, new diagnoses, trauma and death.
1) The Priest Chaplain will provide coverage to requests made by patients, family members or caregivers for pastoral and /or sacramental ministry, on days/shifts of coverage.
2) Offers spiritual and emotional support through pastoral relationship, crisis intervention, pastoral care and counseling, prayer, the sacraments, and Celebration of Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.
3) Provides routine administration of the Sacrament of the Sick to Catholic patients, prioritizing by acuity of illness, referral and special requests, and charts pastoral interventions in the patients medical chart.
4) Demonstrates respect and support for the diversity of faith traditions and individual spiritual beliefs of patients, families and staff, providing ministry to patients of other faith traditions when requested as needed.
5) Provides pastoral care and support to employees and medical staff as appropriate.
6) Demonstrates collaborative working relationships with other disciplines in caring for patients and families and within the department to promote department goals.
7) Adheres to all departmental and hospital safety standards in order to maintain a safe patient care and work environment. Attends all mandatory in-services.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
2) Faculties in order to perform the Sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Board Certified Chaplain – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.