Spiritual Services - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Spiritual Services
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
The Interfaith Chaplain functions as a spiritual care specialist and is team member of the Spiritual Services Department. This position will provide direct spiritual care to patients/families and staff, and the position includes mentoring and teaching opportunities for spiritual care interns, medical students, residents and nursing staff.
What you will do:
- The Interfaith Chaplain provides spiritual care assessment and spiritual/emotional care interventions and support; participates in interdisciplinary teams and daily rounding activities; consults with staff regarding spiritual/emotional care issues; participates in assigned task forces and committees as assigned; communicates with area religious leaders for coordination of care.
- Educates patients, family, staff and community in matters related to spirituality. Works collaboratively with other spiritual care staff to carry out responsibilities of the department.
- Provides on call coverage for day shifts and for two overnight shifts per month in rotation with other permanent staff members.
- Takes part/coordinates and/or leads meditation/prayer services and special religious ceremonies such as bereavement services within the hospital community following guidelines of the Department of Spiritual Services Department.
What you will need:
- A four year college degree, a master’s level theological degree or equivalent, and Board Certification by one of the four North American chaplaincy certifying bodies (APC, NACC, NAJC, ACPE). Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), Neshima: Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC) or National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), and remain in good standing with that organization, or eligibility for certification within two years of hire date.
- Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education from ACPE accredited centers
- Ordination or commissioning for chaplaincy by a recognized religious group, in good standing with their denominational judicatory and/or ecclesiastical endorsement for specialized ministry.
What you need to know:
- You will need to cover two on call shifts per month as needed.
- This position is located at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required), Master of Arts
Board Certified Chaplain – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.