Pharmacy - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Pharmacy
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Health Pharmacy Services, a comprehensive retail, acute care (inpatient), and specialty pharmacy service line, is looking for
Certified Pharmacy Technicians!
Join our Pharmacy team and experience the region’s model for pharmacy workflow and patient safety!
Pharmacy Technicians, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, assist in various activities of the pharmacy department.
Primarily responsible for managing drug dispensing and distribution through an electronic inventory management system (Logistics® carousel) and the automated dispensing cabinets (Pyxis®).
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT. Our pharmacy technician career ladder provides opportunity to advance your profession and livelihood. Continuing education incentives and advanced certification and tuition reimbursements are available and encouraged to use.
SCHEDULE. Full time, part time and per diem available. Every 3rd weekend/holiday rotation. 6-week schedule blocks posted in advance.
Our employees are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Follows standard workflows to ensure safety for the employee and our patient
- Follows all departmental and organizational policies and procedures
- Consistently arrives at work on time to support patient care
- Has a positive attitude, treats colleagues with respect and works well on a team
- Communicates in a respectful, positive and effective manner with all colleagues at all times
- Understands the importance and impact of all state and federal regulations as it relates to the practice of pharmacy (e.g. USP 795, 797, 800, Joint Commission, DPH, Board of Pharmacy, etc)
- Registered Technician according to Massachusetts State Code 247
- Certified according to Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)or NHA Technician certification
- Basic math skills (will be evaluated during the interview)
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Previous Hospital/Inpatient Pharmacy Experience preferred
- Experience with Cerner®, Pyxis®, DoseEdge®, Logistics®, RxVerify®, Pharmogistics Packager
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
Previous Pharmacy Technician experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Possesses good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com
or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @ BaystateCareers.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Certified Pharmacy Technician – Other, Pharmacy Technician – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.