Pharmacy - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Pharmacy
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
PER DIEM POSITION
Baystate Medical Center’s acute care pharmacy supports advanced clinical practices while retaining the highest level quality in the review, preparation, and dispensing of all medications. The over 12,000 square foot pharmacy was designed with a focus on enabling the advancement of pharmacy services by utilizing the best available technology to promote patient safety, security and best practices. The pharmacy also includes industry leading compounding facilities in both the non-sterile and sterile environments also utilizing technology to ensure the highest level of safety for our patients.
What you will do
Pharmacy Technicians, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, assist in various activities of the pharmacy department
Employee is expected to:
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication to patient-centered delivery of care.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate knowledge and understanding of Baystate Medical Center/Baystate Health (BH) Pharmacy Services. This knowledge includes the values, policies, and procedures of BMC/BH and BH Pharmacy Services.
- Serves as a representative of the department both inside and outside of the Pharmacy and Hospital and must adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations..
- responsible for supporting dispensing and restocking functions from the central pharmacy to patient care areas utilizing automated inventory dispensing machines (e.g. carousel) and cabinets (e.g. Pyxis machines) as well as various medication trays and carts.
- Drug Distribution
- Dedication to Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Customer Service & Teamwork
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication to patient-centered delivery of care, including a thorough understanding of drug distribution workflows focusing on medication safety, quality and value; and participation in quality improvement initiatives.
What You Will Need
- Registered Technician according to Massachusetts State Code 247
- Certified according to Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). or NHA Technician certification
Additional skills required:
- Possesses good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Understands the principles of staff engagement;
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred;
- Ability to work independently; Demonstrated math skills.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Pharmacy Technician – Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.