Pharmacy - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Pharmacy
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Per Diem Certified Pharmacy Technician –
Looking for someone to cover sick calls and vacation days Monday – Friday
Pharmacy Services Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Health Pharmacy Services pharmacy service line, is looking for Certified Pharmacy Technician on a per diem basis.
Join our Pharmacy team and experience the region’s model for pharmacy workflow and patient safety!
Certified Pharmacy Technicians, under the supervision of a licensed
pharmacist, assist in various activities of the pharmacy department
Primarily responsible for managing drug dispensing and distribution through an electronic inventory management system (Logistics® carousel) and the automated dispensing cabinets (Pyxis®). Preparation of non-sterile and sterile (IV) medications (compounding) using appropriate technology (Pharmogistics packager, MPI labeling software, DoseEdge® Workflow Manager, etc), in addition to Technician I duties. Preparation of non-sterile and sterile hazardous medications (compounding), in addition to Technician I and II duties
Our employees are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Follows standard workflows to ensure safety for the employee and our patient
- Follows all departmental and organizational policies and procedures
- Consistently arrives at work on time to support patient care
- Has a positive attitude, treats colleagues with respect and works well on a team
- Communicates in a respectful, positive and effective manner with all colleagues at all times
- Understands the importance and impact of all state and federal regulations as it relates to the practice of pharmacy (e.g. USP 795, 797, 800, Joint Commission, DPH, Board of Pharmacy, etc)
- Registered Technician according to Massachusetts State Code 247
- Certified according to Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)or NHA Technician certification
- Basic math skills (will be evaluated during the interview)
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Previous Hospital Pharmacy Experience
- Experience with Cerner®, Pyxis®, DoseEdge®, Logistics®, RxVerify®, Pharmogistics Packager
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Certified Pharmacy Technician – Other, Pharmacy Technician – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.