Pharmacy - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Pharmacy
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Certified Pharmacy Technician, Acute Care (Inpatient) Pharmacy Services
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Health Pharmacy Services, a comprehensive retail, acute care (inpatient), and specialty pharmacy service line, is looking for Certified Pharmacy Technicians.
Join our Pharmacy team and experience the region’s model for pharmacy workflow and patient safety!
Pharmacy Technicians, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, assist in various activities of the pharmacy department
Primarily responsible for managing drug dispensing and distribution through an electronic inventory management system (Logistics® carousel) and the automated dispensing cabinets (Pyxis®). Preparation of non-sterile and sterile (IV) medications (compounding) using appropriate technology (Pharmogistics packager, MPI labeling software, DoseEdge® Workflow Manager, etc), in addition to Technician I duties. Preparation of non-sterile and sterile hazardous medications (compounding), in addition to Technician I and II duties
HIGH QUALITY PROGRAM. The acute care pharmacy was designed with a focus on enabling the advancement of pharmacy services by utilizing the best available technology to promote patient safety, security and best practices. The pharmacy also includes industry leading compounding facilities in both the non-sterile and sterile environments also utilizing technology to ensure the highest level of safety for our patients.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT. Our pharmacy technician career ladder provides opportunity to advance your profession and livelihood. Continuing education incentives and advanced certification and tuition reimbursements are available and encouraged to use.
SCHEDULE. Full time, part time and per diem available. Every 3rd weekend/holiday rotation. 6-week schedule blocks posted in advance.
ABUNDANT BENEFITS. Up to $1500.00 sign on bonus! Earn generous compensation, substantial benefits that comprise high quality, low cost medical/dental, plenty of paid time off, continuing education incentives and an impressive retirement plan. Ask your recruiter for sign on bonus eligibility.
Our employees are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Follows standard workflows to ensure safety for the employee and our patient
- Follows all departmental and organizational policies and procedures
- Consistently arrives at work on time to support patient care
- Has a positive attitude, treats colleagues with respect and works well on a team
- Communicates in a respectful, positive and effective manner with all colleagues at all times
- Understands the importance and impact of all state and federal regulations as it relates to the practice of pharmacy (e.g. USP 795, 797, 800, Joint Commission, DPH, Board of Pharmacy, etc)
- Registered Technician according to Massachusetts State Code 247
- Certified according to Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)or NHA Technician certification
- Basic math skills (will be evaluated during the interview)
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Previous Hospital/Inpatient Pharmacy Experience
- Experience with Cerner®, Pyxis®, DoseEdge®, Logistics®, RxVerify®, Pharmogistics Packager
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.