Child Life Specialists - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Child Life Specialists
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are looking for a full-time Child Life Specialist to join our amazing Child Life Healing Arts team with strong and supportive leadership.
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
New Child Life grad applicants will be considered.
Resume requested with application
We offer a thorough orientation and provide a peer mentor for additional support for the first year on our team.
The Child Life Specialist in this full-time position will function as an integral part of the multidisciplinary health care team to provide patient and family centered care, advocacy and psychosocial support to children and families within the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Children’s and Adolescent’s Unit (CHAD) along with responsibility for coverage of patient/family and team support during resuscitations and traumas in the Pedi Emergency Department as needed/assigned.
– This position is a full-time, benefitted, exempt position.
– Schedule will include some weekend rotation with paid differential.
– Participation in holiday rotation required. (Minimum of 2 holidays/year.)
– Bachelor’s degree in Child Life or a related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
– Certification as a Child Life Specialist through the Association of Child Life Professionals required. **Will consider candidate who has successfully completed a minimum of 600 hour Child Life Specialist Internship and is eligible to sit for the Child Life Specialist Certification exam. Must achieve certification within 12 months of hire.
– Minimum of 1+ years of experience as a Certified Child Life Specialist in a healthcare setting preferred.
– Previous experience in an Inpatient setting, Pediatric Critical Care setting and Emergency setting preferred.
– Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH. Our career ladder provides opportunity to advance your profession and livelihood. Continuing education incentives and tuition reimbursements are available and encouraged to use.
ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high-quality, low-cost medical/dental/vision with FSAs or HSAs, robust paid time off, Retirement Package with company match, life insurances, wellness and massage reimbursements, adoption assistance, educational assistance, first-time homebuyers assistance, work-life integration and more.
The Child Life Specialist is responsible for the provision of child life focused care to children and their families served in a variety of health care settings. Individualized, therapeutic interventions are facilitated through collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team members. The choice of play outlets, educational approaches, and emotional support are built upon a strong foundation child life theory and expertise gained through ongoing practice experiences and intentional commitment to ongoing child life education.
Responsibilities and Additional information:
– Will function as an integral part of the multidisciplinary health care team to provide patient and family centered care, advocacy and psychosocial support to children and families within the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Children’s and Adolescent’s Unit (CHAD) along with responsibility for coverage of patient/family and team support during resuscitations and traumas in the Pedi Emergency Department as needed/assigned.
– Candidate will require strong skills in effective interpersonal communication, time management, prioritization, and collaboration with multidisciplinary team and community resources. Must be creative, energetic, and flexible and have a strong understanding of both the acute and critical care environments, hospital systems, resources and processes.
-Must be highly engaged with child life role and bring a positive, supportive and professional demeanor to each encounter.
– Must have knowledge of trauma-informed care approach, and experience in supporting families through trauma, injury, acute and chronic illness, loss and bereavement.
– CCLS in this role will exhibit the ability to assess and implement appropriate individualized therapeutic outlets, developmentally appropriate educational approaches, and emotional supports built upon a strong foundation of child life theory and expertise gained through ongoing practice experiences and intentional commitment to ongoing child life education.
– Additional duties, tasks, responsibilities and cross coverage to other areas that receive child life services within the Baystate System as needed/assigned.
– CCLS in this role will complete and maintain Minimum Requirements and Additional Responsibilities at or above the equivalent to a CCLS I Proficient Level from the BCH Child Life Clinical Recognition Program.
– This position qualifies for participation and advancement opportunities in the BCH Child Life Clinical Recognition Program.
– Will report to Manager of Child Life & Healing Arts.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to the recruiter at: Melanie.Bischoff@Baystatehealth.org
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Child Life Specialist – Association of Child Life Professionals
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.