Biomedical/Clinical Engineering - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, Biomedical/Clinical Engineering
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Perform a variety of Equipment Management Program Services including: preventative maintenance (PM) & corrective maintenance, incoming inspection & installation, warranty coverage, vendor provided maintenance, operator training, pre-purchase evaluation & capital planning, and disposition. Maintain accurate inventory and documentation of all service events performed on medical equipment.
1) Perform incoming inspection, installation, calibration, preventative maintenance (PM), corrective maintenance, and disposition of specialized medical equipment.
2) Provide technical support in specialized equipment pre-purchase evaluation and equipment capital budget planning.
3) Work with customers and management to ensure appropriate technology utilization. Provide technical support and in-service education programs on use of specialized equipment.
4) Work with outside vendors as needed to secure repairs and parts. Monitor completion of activities performed by outside vendors.
5) Prepare purchase requests for services and supplies. Work with Supervisor to ensure accuracy of invoices and Statement of Expense.
6) Prepare purchase requests for services and supplies. Work with Supervisor to ensure accuracy of invoices and Statement of Expense.
7) Mentor CE Staff in their area of technical expertise.
8) Served as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in their specialized area.
9) Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and classes as requested.
10) Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and classes as requested.
11) Observe all health and safety requirements, maintain standards of practice consistent throughout BH, and ensure that the records are in compliance with safety codes set out by regulatory agencies such as the Joint Commission, Department of Public Health (DPH), HIPAA, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and National Electrical Code (NEC)
12) Monitor workload and schedule activities to maximize productivity.
13) Exercise tact and discretion in patient care areas.
14) Provide technical related reports as needed.
15) As workload necessitates, perform other CE functions.
Required Work Experience:
1) 4 years full-time experience as a Clinical Engineer or Biomedical Technician with 2 years demonstrated success in service to specialized clinical devices included but not limited to: anesthesia machines, ventilators, cardiac monitors, sterilization technologies, dialysis technologies, etc
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Organizational skills; Ability to make sound judgments; Take initiative in completing tasks; Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in problem resolution; Maintain and increase knowledge base and skill level; Basic Computer skills; Basic knowledge of Computer Networks
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Biomedical Engineering (Required)
Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician – Other, Certified Lab Equipment Specialist – Other, Certified Radiology Equipment Specialist – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.